Matroskin

Helping friend find a job

Hello folks,

I have rather an unusual request.

I have a friend, a recognized professional Greeko-Roman wrestler (Master and actually EUROPE champion), who came to US few years ago from Ukraine. He has been working in construction most of the time but now he is looking for a new job.

He is interested in anything that can provide steady income.

He used to train kids and adults in Ukraine and occasionally in NJ, worked in Private Security, etc.. He speaks basic English and lives in Clifton.

If you knows anyone who is looking for an employee or have other employment ideas, pleas PM.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I can recommend him from a personal experience, I have been training with him for the last 3 years.

3 hours ago, blksheep said:

State Correctional Police Officers is the new title.

The title change moves the Officers from a Peace Officer title to a Police Officer title. The Department name is not changing (At least from what I've been told)

There's significant Ukrainian populations in random towns and cities all over the US. If he goes into law enforcement in any of those or the surrounding areas that are recruiting, he would have a significant advantage having it as a primary language vs the disadvantage of basic English in most lines of work.

can always volunteer at local schools to move into coaching. I used to help coach a squirt level ice hockey team twice a week. 

There's also usually a lot of resources for immigrants on the national embassy websites. A Russian family friend took advantage of these on the Russian embassy site and got a civilian job on Ft Bragg.

Good luck to your buddy.

There's significant Ukrainian populations in random towns and cities all over the US. If he goes into law enforcement in any of those or the surrounding areas that are recruiting, he would have a significant advantage having it as a primary language vs the disadvantage of basic English in most lines of work.
can always volunteer at local schools to move into coaching. I used to help coach a squirt level ice hockey team twice a week. 
There's also usually a lot of resources for immigrants on the national embassy websites. A Russian family friend took advantage of these on the Russian embassy site and got a civilian job on Ft Bragg.
Good luck to your buddy.
Thanks Seven.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk