Ray Ray

Just 2 things.....

26 posts in this topic

Okay, picture yourself as Tom Hanks and your trapped on a tropical island.  But you are only allowed 2 things to take with you.  The 2 things MUST be carried in each hand, so no boats or planes or the like.

This is my dream knife, it will do it all.

https://www.topsknives.com/knives/survival/m4x-punisher

Boots, I need boots.  Your feet are important.  If you can't walk, you can't live.

 

https://www.target.com/p/men-s-body-glove-max-water-shoes-dazzling-blue-12/-/A-53040257?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Shoes+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Shoes&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=m&location=1023403&gclid=CjwKCAjwj4zaBRABEiwA0xwsPygnhIx2KUD7DYm6eAvqPTS73R3bzMWPEE9JerIFqGsX5SwqISTASRoCaUQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming satellite phone is cheating, because if not, who wouldn't answer that?

And I would like clarification.  I wear on my person 99.999% daily - outside the house - at least 1 flashlight, 2 knives plus a leatherman, keys, wallet, kimber pepperblaster, pen, and boots.  Have things gone so wrong that each and every one of those things are now gone?  Or do I keep them?  Also, boots typically don't go on my hands, unless I have been using them wrong for many years...is it cheating to already have boots on?

If everything is gone,

#1 would be something along the lines of a leatherman charge TTi

#2 would be some kind of firestarter, like maybe a magnesium one?

 

If my pants have remained intact and I kept my EDC stuff

#1 above firestarter

#2 waterproof survival book perhaps?  Will ponder this a bit more.  (or I can cheat and say my get home bag, I can technically carry that in one hand...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Danno said:

A bottle of Glenmorangie 18 year old and a box of Arturo Fuente 858 maduro lonsdales.

And no means to light them...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Firestarter and multitool.

And add a pinch of the Holy Black & suddenly wet wood can make a cooking fire :)  Trick is to add it S L O W L Y!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, 10X said:

And no means to light them...

A water droplet is a magnificent magnifier..

11 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Firestarter and multitool.

What ya gonna drink uncle... fresh water not in parameters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2018 at 9:49 PM, Ray Ray said:

Okay, picture yourself as Tom Hanks and your trapped on a tropical island.  But you are only allowed 2 things to take with you.  The 2 things MUST be carried in each hand, so no boats or planes or the like.

This is my dream knife, it will do it all.

https://www.topsknives.com/knives/survival/m4x-punisher

Boots, I need boots.  Your feet are important.  If you can't walk, you can't live.

 

https://www.target.com/p/men-s-body-glove-max-water-shoes-dazzling-blue-12/-/A-53040257?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Shoes+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Shoes&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=m&location=1023403&gclid=CjwKCAjwj4zaBRABEiwA0xwsPygnhIx2KUD7DYm6eAvqPTS73R3bzMWPEE9JerIFqGsX5SwqISTASRoCaUQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Is fresh water available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zeke said:

A water droplet is a magnificent magnifier..

What ya gonna drink uncle... fresh water not in parameters.

Well Nephew Zeke, if there isn't any fresh water available you're pretty much screwed anyway.  

Desert island?  Rainwater, dew off plants, and digging down for water.  If that fails you have to bring an awful lot of 12 packs to keep you alive.

Now I see your sense in the plastic bag to build a solar still to desalinate sea water.  Now that works.  I had to build one in survival school but it takes some time to get an appreciable amount of water.  But you are correct as you'd be able to get some potable water.

Figure you'd need at least a gallon a day in hot weather.  Half a gallon if not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 9:56 PM, Zeke said:

Large clear plastic bag. Multi tool

No need to bring plastic bag chances are you will be able to find one along the coast of the island. Plastic trash is on every uninhabited island because there is no one to clean it up. I've stopped on a few uninhabited islands/ shoals and the amount of plastic trash is shocking and saddening. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 10:48 PM, Danno said:

A bottle of Glenmorangie 18 year old and a box of Arturo Fuente 858 maduro lonsdales.

fuente 858 maduros are a great choice.  my cigar of choice for grilling paired with macallan 12 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 5:35 AM, Ray Ray said:

A multitool?  When would you use a Phillips head screw driver on a deserted island???

Most multitools have 2 knives, a saw, a file, scissors, can opener, plus pliars. May not need the screwdrivers (pry tools), but I can think of uses or potential uses for everything else. So unless you happen to have a get home bag with you, full of better versions of all those tools, why NOT pick one? Especially since I already always have one on me.

And I never did get clarification on my previously posted questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 7:12 PM, Malice4you said:

 Have things gone so wrong that each and every one of those things are now gone?  Or do I keep them?  

Two things, thats it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now