Sign in to follow this  
Maksim

Anyone here do any competitive shooting?

Shore Shot in Lakewood does a "Fun Shoot" on Monday nights at 7pm. They set up two scenarios (which are different each week) and you shoot 4 stages at each scenario. Gives you great practice at some tactical, close range shooting and is a lot of fun.

You need 4 mags, 80 rounds, a pistol and a holster. You can check out their website for more information or call Andy there. http://www.shoreshotpistolrange.com/ or http://www.ssprfunshoot.com/index_files/v3_document.html

You can also just go and watch it to see if this is something you are interested in doing. Very friendly group and they will help you if you are doing something wrong (grip, stance, etc).

There is an USPSA match this Saturday, April 4th at Shongum range in Mansfield. There is a 2x4 cutting match at the Cherry Ridge in Vernon on Saturday, April 11th and an IDPA match in Bridgewater at the Somerset County Fish and Game Protection and Association on Sunday April 19th. You do not have to be a member of any of these clubs to participate. Go to their websites for details.

who is organizing the IDPA match on the 19th? I think I want to try it out... been told on numerous occassions I am a pretty good shot might as well... though will have to spend more money on extra mag or two and holster.

Or I can go buy a S&W M&P I was looking at, comes with 2 mags, plus 2 mags free...

or an XD which comes iwth kit. lol.

argh!

If anyone would like to come to my gun club for IDPA let me know. It would be a great get together and I would like to put some faces to the names. It is usualy the 3rd Sunday of every month. Indoor and I think it is $10 a person.

I could not make the April 19th match but next month looks better. Maybe I will see you there. I see you have a Beretta CX4 on order. I bought a one a couple of months ago. I plan to shoot it in the Shongum USPSA matches.