XDJohnTact

Shore Shot in Lakewood

I am surprised nobody has mentioned Shore Shot in Lakewood yet? http://www.shoreshotpistolrange.com They have a good selection and will order anything you want ( if it is available). They have a 10 booth range with good supervision, have great instructors and range officers and are very easy to deal with. Since my son and I are members, the last two guns I bought from them all I did was call them up and tell them what I wanted and they ordered them. A few days later they called to say they were in and I went down and picked them up. They will also do FFL transfers for you if you buy something from GB or some other online place. So far we are very pleased with this place and always have a great time there. Their Monday Night Fun Shoots are great!

The few times I was in there I was not impressed with them. One guy behind the counter was very arrogant and thought he knew everytjing, while another told my friend he could not shoot his 44 mag because it was to powerful, but if he became a member he would make an exception. That was about 7 years ago. I have found no reason to go back. I shoot at Ft Dix and now I have Brick Armory for an indoor range.

I too shoot at SS regularly, and have been a member for a few years.

I can't imagine anyone saying a .44 mag was 'too powerful' -- but who knows. The guy next to me last week was shooting an S&W .500, and there were two guys in there sighting in a new AR as well.

Like I said in the BA thread -- more competition is good. Shore Shot has been cleaning up the place quite a bit since Brick's been open.

Didnt Shore Shot just recently put in the backfill so that you can bring in Hi power rifles? Though the rumor is in the back of the range are holes. :lol:

The prices vs BA are alot cheaper, though the range at BA is much nicer. Competition is good. Last time I went into ShoreShot it was starting to be cleaned up.

With the Obama craze, I am sure that there is enough business to go around, what will be interesting to see is how competitive they will get once this is over.

New member and first post.

I recently purchased my first firearm (Thank you Obama for making me get off my ass and actually applying for my permits) in february. I went back and forth between SS and BA to rent guns to actually see what i wanted to purchase. The guys at BA were nice but they really didn't/don't have a large selection of guns to rent from and purchase. Now at SS they have like 20 different guns that you can rent plus 50+ guns to purchase. The range prices might be a little higher at SS but to purchase a gun they are usually $50 or more cheaper than BA.

I do agree i have had some not nice counter help at SS but it was just one older guy and i don't think that should reflect on the other people or the establishment. I have been to that store and range now 6 times since i purchased my gun and overall i think it is a great safe place.

New member and first post.

I recently purchased my first firearm (Thank you Obama for making me get off my ass and actually applying for my permits) in february. I went back and forth between SS and BA to rent guns to actually see what i wanted to purchase. The guys at BA were nice but they really didn't/don't have a large selection of guns to rent from and purchase. Now at SS they have like 20 different guns that you can rent plus 50+ guns to purchase. The range prices might be a little higher at SS but to purchase a gun they are usually $50 or more cheaper than BA.

I do agree i have had some not nice counter help at SS but it was just one older guy and i don't think that should reflect on the other people or the establishment. I have been to that store and range now 6 times since i purchased my gun and overall i think it is a great safe place.

Welcome. SS is even more expensive to shoot at than BA? Wow. I used to pay $18 to shoot at BA before I became a member, didnt know SS was more. I do agree, the prices on firearms is cheaper there and at BA they will take what they can get.

Post an intro post... tell us what you shoot. Goign to shoot at BA today if you want to join. And if you are infected by the bug... might as well get a membership. =)

I have been a member at Shore Shot for a few years now. It started getting mobbed there on weekends beginning last election season. I think the nicer weather may thin the crowds somewhat. I like the owners and people who work there. I would think that most bad experiences people have had there are due the staff having to handle the weekend crowds. Go on a weeknight and I think you would get a better feel for the place and the people who work there. I have ordered several guns through these guys and have had many more shipped to and from them for GunBroker purchases and sales.

I have been a member at Shore Shot for a few years now. It started getting mobbed there on weekends beginning last election season. I think the nicer weather may thin the crowds somewhat. I like the owners and people who work there. I would think that most bad experiences people have had there are due the staff having to handle the weekend crowds. Go on a weeknight and I think you would get a better feel for the place and the people who work there. I have ordered several guns through these guys and have had many more shipped to and from them for GunBroker purchases and sales.

No doubt they are nice guys... until they called the state police on BA... =P BA rented full auto's as they are a class 3... SS went nutty.

SS has lower prices on firearms, larger selection, and more rental choices. BA has a brand new range where you can actually breathe, and doesnt get mobbed. Having a great gunsmith onsite is a big plus.

If buying, would go to SS, to be a member of.. BA.

Then again, just get a membership at Fort Dix or Central Jersey... though for pistol shooting, indoors, 25 yard ranges at BA/SS beat the 50 foot range at central jersey.

Went there today. Picked up a nice used Taurus 9mm. They were cool guys and friendly to me. Good selection. One thing I didn't like is that the ammo is range use only and not cheap. $32+ for a box of 9mm is sick. Then again, I haven't bought any in a while since I have 1000 rds.

Not true. Only of you rent one of their guns do you have to use their ammo. If you bring your own gun in too shoot you can bring your own ammo.

Went there today. Picked up a nice used Taurus 9mm. They were cool guys and friendly to me. Good selection. One thing I didn't like is that the ammo is range use only and not cheap. $32+ for a box of 9mm is sick. Then again, I haven't bought any in a while since I have 1000 rds.

Not true. Only of you rent one of their guns do you have to use their ammo. If you bring your own gun in too shoot you can bring your own ammo.

Mauser88

The way i read his post i do believe he is correct. Do to the shortage of ammo Shore Shot does not sell ammo except for range use.

Was just shopping around for guns and stopped in at Shore Shot. They had the most guns I've seen in a while. Didn't really know what I was looking for the guy helping me Kenny was great spent over an hour with me. Going over pretty much everything. Ended up walking away with the new Glock 22 RTF :D They even let me shoot it for free and this was after he gave me 10 rounds to try out of their Glock 22c for free. Great Guys Great Shop! Was even surprised to see their prices where up to a 100 dollars cheaper then a lot of places around (looked all monmouth and ocean county). And their stocked backed it up. While I was there they were also starting a sale for all their AR style rifles. Apparently they just got a bunch in. Wouldn't recommend anywhere else!

Re-read what I said. 100% true.

Great guys they spent over twenty minutes with me talking about the ARs they have on sale. Sold 4 in the time I was there and still were honor the price. Didnt have the 1000 for the DTI. Grabbed one of the Mossberg 500 RoadBloacker :o:o Check it out on the mossberg site its got a Barrett Muzzle Break and Heatshield great price 450 and everywhere is sold out. Im thinking about becoming a member by just watching how the two guys kenny and kyle were treating everyone who came in new and seasoned vets. Two thumbs up!

Unless they changed their policy since I was there Tuesday, on the counter glass where their ammo is, is a sign that clearly says something like 'due to the shortage of ammo, all ammo is sold is for range use only' and when a group signed up to use the range, the older guy with the beard told them that they could only use their ammo on the range. If anyone wants to be 100% sure, I'd recommend they call before they go. No big deal being that it doesn't matter to me as I won't shoot there anyway. To pricey.

Unless they changed their policy since I was there Tuesday, on the counter glass where their ammo is, is a sign that clearly says something like 'due to the shortage of ammo, all ammo is sold is for range use only' and when a group signed up to use the range, the older guy with the beard told them that they could only use their ammo on the range. If anyone wants to be 100% sure, I'd recommend they call before they go. No big deal being that it doesn't matter to me as I won't shoot there anyway. To pricey.

You must care you posted three times about it. :roll:

Nah dude, I just don't like when someone says what I'm saying ain't true. Then again, this is the net. Everyone is a know-it-all.

Got a question for you, are you a chick?? Only people that I see roll their eyes are chicks so I just wanna be sure.

They are definantly letting ammo go. You just have to talk to them. They dont want people driving from all over the state just to get ammo and then cant take it home. They also dont want to have no ammo for the people that drive all over to come shoot. If you take out a membership hooligan. Its cheaper then everywhere but dix. Guess we know where your loyalty lays.... I wouldnt even mention their name because thats how much I disapprove of how they do business... "didnt ship yet" "it was the wrong one I shipped it back" Shore Shot is one time and its right.

Nah dude, I just don't like when someone says what I'm saying ain't true. Then again, this is the net. Everyone is a know-it-all.

Got a question for you, are you a chick?? Only people that I see roll their eyes are chicks so I just wanna be sure.

unless you are shooting at shore shot, why would you spend soo much on ammo there, either to go there just to buy or not?

Just go to cheyenne, they have 9mm in stock for $16. Almost any Dicks sporting goods has 40sw and 223 ammo.

They are definantly letting ammo go. You just have to talk to them. They dont want people driving from all over the state just to get ammo and then cant take it home. They also dont want to have no ammo for the people that drive all over to come shoot. If you take out a membership hooligan. Its cheaper then everywhere but dix. Guess we know where your loyalty lays.... I wouldnt even mention their name because thats how much I disapprove of how they do business... "didnt ship yet" "it was the wrong one I shipped it back" Shore Shot is one time and its right.

Where my loyalty lays?? :lol::lol::lol: You got that from my posts?? :lol::lol::lol: If anything it's obvious where you are from. Dude, chill out.

I'm not loyal to any store. The store has to be loyal to me. The customer. I go from shop to shop looking for value. I don't give a crap if the guy behind the counter isn't smiling or any of that stuff. I look for best value period. Guns aren't cheap and I sure as sugar not kissing anyone's ass. If anyone tries to nickle and dime me, my business with them ends instantly.

When I was at Shore Shot and I asked how much 9mm ammo was after thinking I heard them quote someone incorrectly and he said $30+, I said I paid $11.99 per box of 50 of Remington at Dick's. I bought up a few cases. They were cool with that and explained how much ammo went up. Again, understood. I totally understand Shore Shot doing what they are doing if they aren't able to keep up their stock. They gotta do what's best for them. As a guy that has been there once, I thought they were one of the better stores I've been to EXCEPT for the ammo/range thing. I will be back there again soon but again not for the range. There is cheaper by me AND I have a buddy that has land in PA that I can shoot at for FREE!!!!! Free is a lot better.

Later

Max - I am sorry but i have to say it.

John

You sound like douche with a keyboard.

Where my loyalty lays?? :lol::lol::lol: You got that from my posts?? :lol::lol::lol: If anything it's obvious where you are from. Dude, chill out.

I'm not loyal to any store. The store has to be loyal to me. The customer. I go from shop to shop looking for value. I don't give a crap if the guy behind the counter isn't smiling or any of that stuff. I look for best value period. Guns aren't cheap and I sure as sugar not kissing anyone's a**. If anyone tries to nickle and dime me, my business with them ends instantly.

When I was at Shore Shot and I asked how much 9mm ammo was after thinking I heard them quote someone incorrectly and he said $30+, I said I paid $11.99 per box of 50 of Remington at Dick's. I bought up a few cases. They were cool with that and explained how much ammo went up. Again, understood. I totally understand Shore Shot doing what they are doing if they aren't able to keep up their stock. They gotta do what's best for them. As a guy that has been there once, I thought they were one of the better stores I've been to EXCEPT for the ammo/range thing. I will be back there again soon but again not for the range. There is cheaper by me AND I have a buddy that has land in PA that I can shoot at for FREE!!!!! Free is a lot better.

Later