Sign in to follow this  
tankcommander

Ammo Prices Through the Roof!

I was just pricing ammo on line cheaper then dirt is asking $15 for 20 round of Wolf 7.62X39. It used to cost $2.00 a few years ago. Midway is nearly out of ammo. What has happened? Do we have the new administration to thank for this? If we go target shooting we won't be able to restock. This situation sucks.

TC

There are I believe a few reasons:

1. there is/was quite a bit of hording/stocking up since the Democratic primary and definately the election.

2. The election caused an influx of new shooters who bought a new firearm and ammo.

3. it would not be the first time an industry slowed up production to create a shortage so they can squeeze every last penny out of a consumer.

I was just browsing no money to buy right now, but I was shocked by the sudden increase for steel case Wolf. If i dropped $400 on ammo the wife would drop me. I wouldn't do it either though mortgage went up taxes went up gas going up. Not a lot of cash for shooting.

TC

I was just browsing no money to buy right now, but I was shocked by the sudden increase for steel case Wolf. If i dropped $400 on ammo the wife would drop me. I wouldn't do it either though mortgage went up taxes went up gas going up. Not a lot of cash for shooting.

TC

Check Cabela's.... they have wolf ammo there quite reasonable.

Also, classicarms.us had a good amount of ammo.

Even Cabella's is out of just about ALL ammo.

Besides the general population buying up ammo for their own little stock pile, check out Gunbroker. Greedy people bought up everything they could, and are currently selling it at totally inflated prices. Makes me ill!!

Here is an example..

9mm Winchester/USA 2 value packs 200 rounds - Buy it now price of $90. Cabella's usually sells it for $28 per 100 case

And that is honestly a tame markup compared to some of the other ones I had come across.

- Tom

it is supply and demand, right now their is not enough supply for the demand and they are price gouging the market. 3 weeks ago i purchased 1000 round of wolf 7.62x39 from midway at 275.00.. it was sold out in about 1 hour.