Beretta 90two .40S&W

Thin Grip - Beretta

Skeletonized Hammer - Beretta

Steel Guide Rod - Wolff

13lb. Recoil Spring - Wolff

Competition Hammer Spring - David Olhasso

Full Trigger Job - Me

Very nice!!

I was looking at the 90two before I got my 92fs. It was harder to find and I ran out of patience which is how I ended up the the 92fs. I will probably be applying for more pistol permits at some point and I think the 90two .40 may be on my list.

How do you like the different recoil spring? I have the same basic setup as you minus the trigger job and recoil spring, also purchased from David O.

First thank you for the compliment.

Patience is paramount when searching for a 90two is what I learned.

I haven't fired it in this configuration yet. So, I can not attest to the recoil spring. 13lbs. is standard for the 92, 96 and M9. So, I am using it as a starting point. Many who own 96s suggest using a 14 or 15lb spring.

The Competition Hammer spring is certainly the single greatest improvement. Polishing the action is just the icing on the cake so to speak. Smooth and crisp just as any firearm should be, I estimate the trigger pull to be at 4lbs if not a little less in SA mode.

First thank you for the compliment.

Polishing the action is just the icing on the cake so to speak. Smooth and crisp just as any firearm should be, I estimate the trigger pull to be at 4lbs if not a little less in SA mode.

I definitely noticed a different just putting in the D-spring and the Skeletonized hammer. These were the figures I found which convinced me to make the switch..

# Factory F spring is about 12lbs DA and 6lbs SA

# D spring is about 10lbs DA and 5lbs SA

Next up on my list, which I am researching now is polishing the internals to make it smoother.

I found a pretty cool post over on BF about the action of the 92, which identifies the moving parts in various configurations (SA, DA, Safety engagement etc..)

http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/showpost.php?p=181907&postcount=1

Thanks for the link, I've added it to my subscriptions.

Doing the trigger job is fairly easy and straight forward. I found that disassembly of my 90two is the same as the 92FS. The Beretta 92FS Disassembly guide was invaluable for this. I even saved all the video files to my computer just in case the site ever disappears. And like he says in the video be very careful removing and installing the slide-stop. It will scratch the finish on the frame, which I did. I was lucky that after installation the lever covered the scratch.

Just remember to not remove any metal. Only remove the finish and polish the metal. Some people use a stone. But, I felt it would be too easy to remove too much material. So, I used Micro Mesh polishing cloths. I happened to have these laying around from another hobby. I started with 2,400 (quick removal of finish), 3,200, 6,000, 8,000, and ended with 12,000 grit for a glass like finish. You can get 3"x4" sheets of Micro Mesh at Hobbylink.com. It only take a few passes on each cloth. Don't used too much pressure and keep your parts square to a flat surface (I used a glass table top).

Beretta Forum Reference posts:

Lighten my 92D Cent Trigger pull

Field and Tech Manuals for Beretta M9 especially post #10

Yea, I want to know what kind of cigars you smoke

Honestly, that's about the third cigar I've ever smoked in my life. That picture was taken at a charity fundraiser shoot that I ran for http://www.northeastshooters.com - we had about 90 guys, girls and kids show up at Woodman Rifle and Pistol in Athol, MA, to raise some money for one of our members who was diagnosed with cancer.

We raffled off a Mosin Nagant, a CZ82, auctioned off a Springfield XDm, a SW4040, a Ruger P345, a CZ452 in .17HMR (with 1200 rounds of ammo!) and a SMLE... not to mention various other goodies (Russian beer, ammo, a child's tricycle, a hand made spinning rod, etc), and there was one guy who showed up with a couple hundred cigars who was selling them for a $10 donation. So that's where I got the cigar. :lol:

(results? We raised about $6000 for Ed (screen name = TheVillageIdiot)... and he passed away, suddenly, about 2 & 1/2 weeks later. :cry: But at least he got to come down for the shoot (he lived in NH) and see how many folks turned out to help him.)

NortheastShooters normally holds several shoots a year (we've got two coming up in July, and we're working on a car shoot in September), but this time we wanted to do a shoot with a Purpose. One of our members is also putting together an AR-15, which will have "In Memory Of The Village Idiot" etched on the receiver, that we'll raffle off and donate the proceeds to his kids.

Nope, it's a 15 round mag :D:Dhttp://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/1911-45-acp-15-rd-mag-blued-steel.aspx?a=407996

Rock Island GI with a Bushing compensator from CDNN Investments, red paint on the front sight, and EVIL punisher grips from eBay. :o

Who needs a Kimber or Wilson Combat :mrgreen: