PK90

Hi ... transient from Arfcom

Hello,

Allow me to introduce myself. I am located in Blue Anchor, NJ. No, it is not near the shore. Blue Anchor is in east Camden County.

Many from AR15.com know me as PK90 aka Arms-n-Ammo. I am a part-time kitchen table firearms dealer. I will be opening a full-time Gun Shop in the Spring of 2010. When I say full-time, I mean I will be retired from my M-F 8-4 job and will only sell guns when I feel like it. Hours will be flexible to suit my customer's (and my wife's) needs.

Hopefully in the future, I will be back to producing 15 round AR and AK magazines. Look for gun specials in the Marketplace if the Mods will allow it, as I did not see any restrictions for dealers.

Please don't bombard me with questions as I do not frequent this site, yet.

Paul

Welcome to the forum.

In spirit of being crystal clear... I want to share a few things with people here about the forums, etc.

Currently as there are no full time vendors per say on this website, I have no problems with this. The goal of this community was never about making money, but rather about bringing people together. For that reason, all of the costs associated with the website, I have been paying myself, and what could of been done by myself, I did, such as the design of graphics, and board setup. The things that are always going to have a cost, are the domain registration, which is minimal, and the hosting fees, on pace we are growing by my estimation will be tapped out within a few months. If the board stays the same size... enough for the year. So the hosting right now is paid out of pocket. Once the website grows, hosting fees can be an issue, and that is why many forum owners use vendors, advertisements, banners, google ads to cover the fees. The issue is, some websites use it to make money, and thus plaster ads wherever they can, or charge membership fees without giving anything to the members.

the PA forum, right now with 18k members, currently pays, by what they admit, apx $800 a month for web hosting for the website. To generate money for that, they offer premium memberships that you pay for, where they give you the flexibility to upload graphics, a higher limit to the private messages in the mailbox, etc. Second, they remove the banner ads from the website in the middle of the posts. They also have forum sponsors as well. This same concept applies to XDTalk, GlockTalk, etc. AR15 is around to make money.

Compared to here... no one has any limits on uploading photos, avatars, private messages. There is NO advertising on the forum anywhere. I like it nice and clean and I am sure many of you do as well.

In the future as far as I can see, I do not see any ads on the forums. The only thing we may have is a vendor relationship program setup, still to work through the details. But the main purpose of this, many will feel that if a vendor is here, we want to know who they are. If it is a service that can be provided, I am totally open for them to register and post here, but they have to be identified as such, and will be expected to contribute to the upkeep and cost sharing.

If anyone wants to make donations, not going to stop anyone, but I would rather you take the money and reinvest it in your family. Take that $20 and go see a movie with your child.

As long as the costs are reasonable, I will be paying for the costs, and I knew that day one. Because I am in the financial services industry, as the economy suffers, so does my income, and no, we dont make as much as people think. To top that off, the firm I work with is going to be making serious cuts this week, including the salesforce, of which I am part. To that extent... if worst comes to worst, the costs associated with this forum will be deferred or replaced somehow. The good news, I do not forsee any costs that I will have to incurr for the next few months.

Long post... but people need to hear it.

Paul is a good guy and honest dealer. Transfer's are as resonable as they get in NJ. Well worth the drive from anywhere in NJ.

Personally speaking he is one of two NJ FFL dealers I will have anything to do with and that's coming from a guy who has been in this hobby for the last 35 years.