DirtyDigz

Sewer gas in bathroom at work building

Bathroom in common area at work building (common area not owned/leased by my employer) has a floor drain that is emanating sewer gas.  Noticed it the past couple of days when I used the facilities, not sure what the concentration is;  it’s a strong smell, but not enough that it makes my eyes itch or induces coughing.

I bet it’s a dry trap in the floor drain.  I brought it up to the building’s security/front desk a few weeks ago when I noticed it before.

How big a concern is it?  Just deal with it?  Get a pitcher and pour water down the drain next time I’m in there?  Or go nuclear and call the fire department/OSHA?

7 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Bathroom in common area at work building (common area not owned/leased by my employer) has a floor drain that is emanating sewer gas.  Noticed it the past couple of days when I used the facilities, not sure what the concentration is;  it’s a strong smell, but not enough that it makes my eyes itch or induces coughing.

I bet it’s a dry trap in the floor drain.  I brought it up to the building’s security/front desk a few weeks ago when I noticed it before.

How big a concern is it?  Just deal with it?  Get a pitcher and pour water down the drain next time I’m in there?  Or go nuclear and call the fire department/OSHA?

Bad wax seal