Yotafan

What caliber, make, and price are you paying for ammo

I know a lot of guys are reloading their own, but for us unfortunate people out there that haven't gotten to that level yet. Where are you buying your ammo and how much is it costing you. I know Dicks Sporting Goods seems to have .40 S&W just about everytime i take a drive to the one in Freehold and Manahawkin.

40 s&w - I've paid as much as $20 for 50 rds FMJ at Silver Bullet in Rockaway, I think I paid between $15 and $16 for 50 rds of the same from Sportsman's Guide, and the Bullet Hole had 100 for $38, but I haven't been in a few weeks so I don't know if prices have risen.

525 bulk pack of 22lr from Dicks - $19.99

12 ga, 2-3/4" 1-1/8oz #8 shot, 25 rds, $7.57 - Sportsmans Guide

I just picked up 2 separate orders of 9mm, and have some on back order..

From Cheaper then Dirt I got 2 boxes of 50 rounds, AE Red Box for the inflated price of $29.50ea (insane but I needed some ammo).

I then got lucky and struck a deal with a member on the Beretta Forum, and picked up 500 Rounds (5- 100 round boxes) of Winchester Ammo for $160 (just about $4 a box over regular prices).

Also still have a back order for another 600 rounds (6- 100 round boxes) at Cabella's for more Winchester Ammo @ $28 per box.

Also have 1 box (20 rounds) of Speer Gold Dot on back order for HD, also from Cabella's @ $21.

That should hold me over for now.

- Tom

2 or 3 weeks ago i went to Dicks in Freehold and purchased 1k rounds each of .40 UMC Remington (17.99/box) and 9mm Federal (11.99/box)

edit:

The total w/ tax was $640. I signed up for their Dicks reward card nonsense and alos got a $20 coupon credit for my next purchase which i plan to use on ammo. So it was kinda like saving 3% on the price of the ammo before tax.

2 or 3 weeks ago i went to Dicks in Freehold and purchased 1k rounds each of .40 UMC Remington (17.99/box) and 9mm Federal (11.99/box)

Last time I was in Dicks Freehold, they had empty shelves pretty much. I am going there after work in a little while to kill time before me and my wife take our tour of the hospital baby wing.

Hopefully they have something to look at this time lol

- Tom

Last time I was in Dicks Freehold, they had empty shelves pretty much. I am going there after work in a little while to kill time before me and my wife take our tour of the hospital baby wing.

Hopefully they have something to look at this time lol

- Tom

That's a sweet baby wing. My daughter was born at Riverview and my son at Centrastate. Centrastate is a REALLY nice layout, and they have some nice amenities for the family too.

When I used to buy factory...I used to go to Walmart in PA. It was only about 45 mins away from me.

I bought 10-20 boxes of Winchester White Box 9mm & 45 acp.

100 round - 9mm $15.72

100 round - 45 acp $28.98

It was the best deal around. The last time I was there was in Feb.

Now I just roll my own. Primers are hard to find now that I started to reload. Just my luck.

I'm desperately trying to find a deal on some nice and clean USA made .223 to try my new AR out. Every where I'm looking is out of stock or backordered. :cry:

Anyone have any leads?

Target World in Chalfont PA. Always has cases of UMC 223 on hand

Don't know about cheap but Davis in Goshen had 223 in stock. (845) 651-7000

Called them and he has a bunch of 5.56 in stock, but will only sell by the individual box and they're "about $11 per box," according to the gentleman I spoke with.

WOW :shock: That's OUT OF CONTROL ! It has been a long time since I shopped for 223 my last purchase I paid $3.99/box WWB and $4.95/box PMC.

It makes me want to cry. I just bought my AR and now I'm realizing that I won't be able to enjoy it much.

Not that it helps but the Cabela's near me in ME had tons of it. The shelves were packed. Right next to it was a barrel of Bushmaster AR15 magazines. no shortage up here. Even the local shop had cases of Federal on the floor.

I'm desperately trying to find a deal on some nice and clean USA made .223 to try my new AR out. Every where I'm looking is out of stock or backordered. :cry:

Anyone have any leads?

How about this? http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?co ... &src=ba811

To bad supply is so limited, it would be awsome if we could setup a group buy for ammo. I know i have a couple people that would be interested so i would order prob atleast 5k rounds between 9mm and 40S&W.

To bad supply is so limited, it would be awsome if we could setup a group buy for ammo. I know i have a couple people that would be interested so i would order prob atleast 5k rounds between 9mm and 40S&W.

That's an excellent idea, just don't know who would do such a thing.

Today with all the shortages, no one.

I have seen it on other forums for instance dodgetalk.com. A vendor would post a certain product and prices pending on how many people were needed. The individual people would send the vendor their info and then he would fulfill the orders that way. I guess the vendor waited for a certain number than made an order with his supplier and got a better price do to the larger order.

On things aside from ammo, it can be done.

For ammo, alot tougher due to supply. What you can do, to save on shipping, say order from Cabela's or one of the sponsors, and have them ship it to your home, and spread it that way.

I dealth with group buys back in the Camaro Z28.com days. hehe and it would be easier.

The only thing I can see this done well with is if anyone wants a group buy on reloading equipment or packages. send me a message if interested.