Scottcba1

Ruger SR9

Ordered a SS over black. I am hoping to have it by Wed.

I will post pics once I have it in my hands.

-Scott

I'm gonna post pics of mine as soon as I take them and upload to my computer.

You got the O.D. Green over black right Ray?

-Scott

You betcha, gonna post pics soon, just can't get off my butt today.

little side note, I wanted the OD Green over brushed stainless but that's not an option.

I did like the XD-9 a lot. Two things that helped me pick the SR9.

First was the price difference. But the XD-9 does come with lots of goodies when buying new.

Second, the safety in the handle. I do like a gun with a safety but it was a bit overbearing. I guess like anything I could get use to it.

-Scott

I did like the XD-9 a lot. Two things that helped me pick the SR9.

First was the price difference. But the XD-9 does come with lots of goodies when buying new.

Second, the safety in the handle. I do like a gun with a safety but it was a bit overbearing. I guess like anything I could get use to it.

-Scott

The XD's come with a safety now, in the same spot as the SR9.

The XD-9 I rented at SS had a safety on the backside of the handle that you had to compress with your grip right between your thumb and index finger.

It was ok while firing but was weird for the mag release and pulling back the slide.

-Scott

The XD has a grip safety like a 1911. never been an issue for me.

Me neither, and the new XD's have the safety in the same spot as an SR9. Which is in the same spot, kinda, as a 1911.

Me neither, and the new XD's have the safety in the same spot as an SR9. Which is in the same spot, kinda, as a 1911.

Oh ok so the newer XDm9s have the safety built into the trigger like the SR9? I only shot the older XD-9. I liked the gun a lot I would have had to get use to the safety configuration thats all.

Before I shot the SR9 the XD-9 was my first choice for purchase.

-Scott

I picked up my new SR9 tonight and man am I happy to finally have this gun in my hands!

A big thank you goes out to Tony & Tom of TJ Sporting Arms for a wonderful gun, stress-free deal and very fast turnaround!

-Scott

Thanks guy!

Yes, taking the gun out of the plastic was an awesome feeling. :D

-Scott

After a co-worker obtained his first firearm, he said he "stroked" it for a while when he got home. Did you do the same thing? Anyway, don't you love those horrible 10 round mags?

Have fun with her Scott.

LOL I sure did! I loaded and unloaded the mags and loaded the gun and manually cleared it. I also took the gun apart to see the internals. Now I will shoot it this weekend for the first time.

The 10 rd magazines are terrible! The plastic extention on the bottom feels so flimzy.

-Scott

LOL I sure did! I loaded and unloaded the mags and loaded the gun and manually cleared it. I also took the gun apart to see the internals. Now I will shoot it this weekend for the first time.

The 10 rd magazines are terrible! The plastic extention on the bottom feels so flimzy.

-Scott

clean it yet?

cant wait to get my permits...

Bumping an old thread. I've been reseaching this Ruger SR9 for days now. Many hours spent online reading the reviews and looking at videos. I think this SR9 may quite possibly be my next purchase, pending how it feels in my hand. For those of you who have this, how has it been over the long-term? Still love the gun?

3301.jpg