Does anyone know if we have such a law in NJ?? Basically says you have the right to protect yourself and family members when inside your house or property, rather than have to make an attempt to flee...Can't find anything about it for NJ...I thought there was a bill or something for this, not sure if it ever passed :roll:

We do not have the castle doctrine here.

We should. We should also have the right to carry so not only criminals and cops will carry guns in our neighborhoods.

As much as I LOVE and respect police officers, by no fault of their own except not being able to time travel, they are always just minutes away when you need them right now (quote from officer friend I found sad but true)!

We all need to vote together as a block to have our voices heard.

When we are tooooooo lazy/busy to vote, we can only blame ourselves for leaving our laws in place.

It is time to take back this state and insist on not having our 2A rights infringed upon in any way, anymore!!!!

-Rant Over

When we are tooooooo lazy/busy to vote, we can only blame ourselves for leaving our laws in place.

It is time to take back this state and insist on not having our 2A rights infringed upon in any way, anymore!!!!

That's just about the biggest over simplification of an issue I've ever seen. I vote in every election, yet oddly we still have no changes in the gun laws.

You act as though us voting is the complete solution. If two candidates are running, and neither is promising to change the gun laws, exactly which vote do you would make a difference?

here is the real issue... the 2a is not on the forefront, or anywhere near for the majority of people in NJ. Here are the facts, apx 12% of NJ Households own firearms..... If 12% of the electorate, got up every day and started blasting their local elected officials, change would come.

Unfortunetely, alot of people are concerned more about paying property taxes every month, quality of schools, that the one or two firearms they have... is not really a priority. so it all comes down to having those 12% be involved alot more...

That's just about the biggest over simplification of an issue I've ever seen. I vote in every election, yet oddly we still have no changes in the gun laws.

You act as though us voting is the complete solution. If two candidates are running, and neither is promising to change the gun laws, exactly which vote do you would make a difference?

I did oversimplify. I apologize for that. Many gun owners I know don't bother to vote as they thought it was a lost cause here. This was the first year some even registered. I'm just trying to stir the pot and get people fired up for the primaries in June.

BTW, Steve Lonegan is promising to overturn all the right-infringing laws, even the Florio gun ban - then we can get all the cool toys we have a RIGHT to own which my wife misses most since she moved here from Colorado !

He is the only pro 2A candidate. Check out his website. He is also more intelligent than the other two in my opinion (christi the liar and the current governor libtard).

Vote for Steve Lonegan if you would like to have your 2A voice heard in November (as well as your cut my taxes now voice).

Back to the point.......I do think the castle doctrine is a good thing, and I hope one day we will have it here in NJ.

Voting is actually the best thing we can do to get laws such as this. If we keep voting out the Pols who do nothing we will eventually get some that do something. Pols want to get re elected, that is their number one priority. Once we train them the only way is to vote how we want them to, they will. We all neeed to vote in order for it to work.

Sometimes simlpe is good.

Hmmmm????? interesting.

I will try to email the police officer and/or instructor who signed off on the finger printing in the CCW class I took in order to fulfill Florida and Virginia's permit requirements to see if perhaps they were mistaken.

For the record.......I would LOVE for you to be correct NJChiroDoc. I really hope I was given wrong information in that class with Dr. Bruce Eimer from Personal Defense Solutions.

This forum is great.....It's so nice to have other knowledgeable gun owners to bounce ideas off of and we even try to get to the bottom of all the "grey area" topics with regard to owning firearms and the laws in this state.

It sometimes bugs me that if I ask the same question at different gun stores, I get different answers.

I do remember Anthony during my pistol class saying we do have it. The stipulation is they have to be in your home. They can not be fleeing. If they are running out the door and you shoot them in the back it will not work. If they are on the lawn no good. They must be in your home and you must feel endangered. They way it was explained was you YELL I HAVE CALLED 911 THE POLCE ARE ON THE WAY. I HAVE A GUN AND I WILL USE IT. If they keep coming at you, "you shoot at the center of mass until the threat has stopped". You do not shoot to wound you do not shoot to kill you shoot till the threat is no longer a threat. That is how you were trained.

I've heard that the most effective thing to yell is "DON'T MAKE ME SHOOT YOU!"

But yeah, I believe the law states that you are permitted to use lethal force UNLESS you have a means of escape in which your safety isn't jeopardized.

Basically unless you're cornered, yelling, and they're still coming at you with a weapon you'd better not shoot.

--FCOD

See. this is why bayonettes should be allowed. Get a footlong bayo on your AR, AK or better yet... Mosin 91/30, and short of them coming at you with a gun.... you can have them at least 2 yards away..... If they run into the bayo... their own fault.

I've heard that the most effective thing to yell is "DON'T MAKE ME SHOOT YOU!"

But yeah, I believe the law states that you are permitted to use lethal force UNLESS you have a means of escape in which your safety isn't jeopardized.

Basically unless you're cornered, yelling, and they're still coming at you with a weapon you'd better not shoot.

--FCOD

So basically if you let them come towards you, lets say let them get to the stairs (technically blocking your way out) yell at them that you have a gun and whatever else you can, but they take another step.. BANG

This is a better option then just dropping them? How would a defense like this stand up in court? Also is this assuming you killed the assailant, where he/she can't testify against you and try to twist the whole thing around?

It sucks that there has to be "a solution" to get around not being able to protect your home from some idiot who decides they want what you have. I have been keeping up with this post b/c although it's something that I hope never comes to pass, I would like to know the legality of protecting my family if the need ever arises.