Sign in to follow this  
Al1969

FID CARD IN HAND TODAY-HACKENSACK!!

Great news! Got my FID card today(picked up at the PD). Nothing but great things to say about the Department.

Here's my timeline;

April 7th- Dropped off application

April 10th- Interview with Deputy Chief

May 6th- Application approved

May 11th- Received letter and picked up card

As another member posted. Extremely professional Officers and a very smooth process. After reading some of the "horrible" waiting periods, I consider myself lucky to say the least.

Alcon,

I got the FID card and only 1 permit. I know...should have applied for more :? But the great news is I've one. I already purchased an XD .45c. It's waiting for me to pick up on Thursday(cant wait). Can anyone give me any suggestions on a range? i'm looking for a place with some"off-peak" times. I've not shot in years and want to regain my comfort zone.

Thanks!

That's wonderful, Al! I just had a similar "good experience" with my local PD. I handed in my papers for a pistol permit 9 days ago, and I got a call from them today saying it was ready for pick-up. So, kudos to the Hackensack and Harrison Township Police! :D

That's wonderful, Al! I just had a similar "good experience" with my local PD. I handed in my papers for a pistol permit 9 days ago, and I got a call from them today saying it was ready for pick-up. So, kudos to the Hackensack and Harrison Township Police! :D

HOLY CRAP!!! 9 freakin days? Damn, I'm calling again tomorrow.

HOLY CRAP!!! 9 freakin days? Damn, I'm calling again tomorrow.

Trust me, I was completely shocked when they called. I was expecting at least 4 weeks, based on the wait times I've seen other people talk about on here. My township recently hired an officer that deals specifically with the "paperwork" of the department, so I'll have to thank her when I pick it up tomorrow morning for getting it done so quickly! :mrgreen:

Hi all,

I too am a Hack resident and I can tell you that this town runs very smoothly pertaining to the permits.

Gotta give a shout out to the BCI there, they are professional and do their job with courtesy.

They even called me back after I left a message one time!

(its the little things we pay for, :)

I have received my PPP's on average 30-35 days.

Go to the bullet hole in belleville in the morning or afternoon for some practice...

Let me know if we can organize a shoot or something fun...

Great news! Got my FID card today(picked up at the PD). Nothing but great things to say about the Department.

Here's my timeline;

April 7th- Dropped off application

April 10th- Interview with Deputy Chief

May 6th- Application approved

May 11th- Received letter and picked up card

As another member posted. Extremely professional Officers and a very smooth process. After reading some of the "horrible" waiting periods, I consider myself lucky to say the least.

"Interview with Deputy Chief"? What does this mean? You had to have an interview with the police dept?

Yes, in Hackensack, they claim they want to 'see' the person who is applying and what for....I wonder if someone will say something about this, and the officer was very apologetic to me about this very quick interaction with him...basically, why do you want a gun..Response...."because I like to shoot targets" then you get a little slip of paper you take back downstaris, and then you wait 30-35 days and you get your PPP...

anyone have any thoughts on this process? or do any lawyers have an opinion about this?

I have heard in some towns they go and ask your neighbors what your story is...now thats creepy...

I had a brief "interview" myself when I was applying for my FID. I was not required to appear personally, but instead my township PD called me (unexpectedly for that matter). They asked general questions, like what I was thinking about getting with my PP, what my intended use was, and if I had any firearms related questions that they could clear up for me. They were actually really nice about it, apologizing for interrupting my day, and I thought it was good on them for approaching me if I had any questions (I asked about HP ammo, transportation in-state and out-of-state, and how long I could expect to wait :lol:... sidebar, it took roughly two months). This was in Plainsboro township (only Plainsboro in the nation!)

Given, what I typed was not what they asked verbatim, as that was months ago now and I hardly remember. But I responded with 'home defense.'

I'm not 100% sure about this, but my town seems a bit more gun-friendly then the surrounding areas. It may have to do with the fact that most of the town, in size relations, is farms (I see those guys walking around with shotguns on occasion). But even then, the crime rate is pretty low (petty theft, identity theft, DUIs being the main violations), and, referring back on an old thread, I haven't found anything stating that my townships has any 'no-discharge' policies (I believe hunting is allowed in some parts of the wooded areas here).

I have a good friend whose a Lt. in a town, and he personally makes sure he either talks to the person on the phone or in person before signing over any FID's. But then in my town of West Milford, I waited 6 months and never talked to a single person, I didn't even getting a call saying my card was in, they sent a letter by mail. Gotta love Jersey :)

OK, so I put in for another PPP on the 30th...Ill keep you posted as to the time frame.

Last time was 34 days.

OK, so I put in for another PPP on the 30th...Ill keep you posted as to the time frame.

Last time was 34 days.

So I checked in today and am told they are waiting on the mental health check...

Ok, so the permit was issued 7/28/09. I applied 6/30/09

Well within 30 days.

Nice job Hackensack!

This is my 3rd PPP, so I think I may be in the system and in a 'groove'