Sign in to follow this  
Lublin

My next AR-15

Say hello to the Smith & Wesson M&P15-22

S&W's answer to the tactical GSG .22 plinkers. It looks absolutely fantastic. I hope they plan on producing some with pinned stocks and 15 round mags. :evil: With the cheap price of .22LR ammo, this will be my ECO-15. :lol:

Price is to be $500.

swrifle-large.gif

One more thing I need to convince my wife that I need. I have already used it is for the children on the last 3 .22's I bought.

Use grandchildren next! :lol:

Yes, I have to buy it now to preserve it for future generations given our political climate. You Sir are brilliant.

One more thing I need to convince my wife that I need. I have already used it is for the children on the last 3 .22's I bought.

Use grandchildren next! :lol:

Yes, I have to buy it now to preserve it for future generations given our political climate. You Sir are brilliant.

That's the same excuse I use!

I am sure there will be one. The only thing to worry about is that it is not released yet. Unless you put money down on it, odds are you will not get it until end of the year, or fall. Especially with all of the pent up demand, and more and more people looking at shopping at 22lr's.

PK can't get a hold of these for now.

I talked to Jenn from the Bullet Hole and she told me that they should start arriving late June/early July and the cost will be $599.

The price kind of threw me off since I read about people pre-ordering them for $500 and less. :?:

I friend still has several Spike's tactical uppers that look exactly like them. Not quite sure of the pricing but I seem to remember around $300. I shoot one last week. Once the ammo question is solved, they work great. Initially the type of ammo really affected the functioning.

I just convinced my wife that she needs one for sure - It was not very hard. I will now try to convince her that we should have a matching pair during the course of the evening. That will be much harder!

Wish me luck!

Nothing like bonding over the smell of burnt powder with your wife and matching guns. That is almost cute. ( can I say cute and still keep my man card?)

S&W catalog lists the M&P 15 22LR in 2 configurations. There is a CT,MA,MD,NJ,NY compliant model. The stock is the same but pinned and a 10 round mag. The mag is shorter in length than the standard 25 round mag.

Where are you seeing this? Link please.

Upon reading further, I've learned that all of the new .22LR AR-15 type weapons coming out are nothing else but airsoft guns modified to hold functioning .22LR internals. :(

I think a Spikes Tactical ST-22 dedicated upper mounted on your favorite AR lower will smoke these "toys." :roll:

The spikes uppers look really nice. I will have to get one of those soon.

If anyone has not seen. The Colt .22 AR-15 is starting to ship now. They have a bunch of different configurations coming out.

http://www.onpointsupply.com/cart.php?target=category&category_id=3366

Looks like those ship with flash suppressors which are a no no in NJ.

I have one of the Colts. I cannot believe how accurate it is with the factory sights. My son put 500 rounds through it last Sunday and was just having a ball.

They are not junk but rather a quality piece. Made by Walther, bearing the Colt mame and imported by Umarex. If you can get one you will not be sorry.

The spikes uppers look really nice. I will have to get one of those soon.

If anyone has not seen. The Colt .22 AR-15 is starting to ship now. They have a bunch of different configurations coming out.

http://www.onpointsupply.com/cart.php?target=category&category_id=3366

Looks like those ship with flash suppressors which are a no no in NJ.