Sign in to follow this  
67gtonut

How soon after buying, can I resell?

Just a quick question....

I just bought a Beretta 92FS a few weeks ago, doing a Face-to-Face transfer from a fellow NJ resident. I am having a little buyers remorse, and I am thinking of selling it....

Should I wait a certain amount of time to keep from throwing up any "red flags" to the state?

Might put another 100 rounds thru it, just to make sure.....

Thanks

Troy

I believe the law is no more than 5 private party sales in a year without a FFL. As long as you are selling it legally to another person with a pistol permit there is no problem.

I would wait a few weeks unless you really need the cash. Remorse will dissapate.

Whats your asking price? I have one PP left!!!

Chad,

LOL..... I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I think I want to try this gun, one more session, then make my decision.

If I decide to sell, I will PM ya 1st......

Thanks

Troy

It takes a while to get it on target.. no idea why but it does. I can shoot better with other guns that I try from other members straight out of the box, then I do my 92 at times.. Strange as hell!!

Seems each hundred rounds I get better and better grouping, so hopefully soon things start to click. I just put hogue wrap around rubber grips on it, and it really feels secure in my hand now. Next range visit I will see if that helps any.

What did make an improvement was changing out the main spring for the D model spring. The only thing left that I want to try is polishing the trigger to make it a little smoother.

Chad,

LOL..... I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I think I want to try this gun, one more session, then make my decision.

Thanks

Troy

Sounds good...gotta strike while the iron is hot...yanno??

all kidding aside, definitely shoot it some more, hopefully it will grow on you. I have had buyers remorse before with my beretta 9000s I ended up keeping it. I'm not sure why, I just did. Good luck and keep us posted!

I sold a few guns in Jersey, the buyer needs NJ firearms ID card and pistol purchase permit which you must fill and send the copies to the police Dept. that issue the permit, other to the State police, keep one copy and other for the buyer. For long guns, only fill the form that you get from any dealer and the NJFID. I own a Berreta 96 is OK, give it a try.

Just a quick question to those that have used Gunbroker.com

Does it have to be a FFL to FFL transfer?

or

Do I just have to ship it to a FFL for the buyer to pick it up, for it to be legal.....

Hard to find the answer on Gunbroker......

Thanks

Troy

Check with one of our FFL sponsors. I believe you can ship it to a FFL as long as they take guns from non FFL's. Some require FFL to FFL

From what I have read you are right, it's usually up to the individual FFL if they accept from individuals or another FFL Only.

Chad,

Thanks

Troy

It takes a while to get it on target.. no idea why but it does. I can shoot better with other guns that I try from other members straight out of the box, then I do my 92 at times.. Strange as hell!!

Seems each hundred rounds I get better and better grouping, so hopefully soon things start to click. I just put hogue wrap around rubber grips on it, and it really feels secure in my hand now. Next range visit I will see if that helps any.

What did make an improvement was changing out the main spring for the D model spring. The only thing left that I want to try is polishing the trigger to make it a little smoother.

Ok, I was EXACTLY where you are. I have an XD9 and put 1000 rounds through that and that gun was accurate pretty much out of the gate.

Now the 92 FS was another story. I bought it used for $350 with 3-mags...I was so excited as this is the gun I always wanted. Went to the range and put a few hundred rounds and even though I was "off my mark" my groups were not tight at all. Anyway, I thought I'd give it some time. Several hundred rounds later and I still was not happy. I actually got to the point where I thought the barrel or something was warped.

So I dry fired the "heck" out of it and then dry fired my XD9 and noticed something VERY interesting....the sights! They are smaller than the XD9 and quite a bit farther apart....I really focused on the front sight with both eyes opened then closed one eye....wow! The front site was slightly left and low every time. I never noticed it until I compared it to my XD9's larger sights. Went to the range and my dad was like "wow, what the heck happened?" I was DEAD on accurate 90% or more. As I approached 100 rounds I started to get a little sloppy, but it was like night and day.

Don't give up, it's a great gun but takes a bit more concentration and time to be accurate with it. I love the solid feel, ease to clean and now the accuracy. It took some time, but it's now the gun I always expected it to be!

Don't give up, it's a great gun but takes a bit more concentration and time to be accurate with it. I love the solid feel, ease to clean and now the accuracy. It took some time, but it's now the gun I always expected it to be!

FRUSTRATING is an understatement.. I shoot my 92 so/so. Sometimes ok, sometimes not so good.

What makes me nuts is I can pick up (like I did tonight) someone else's pistol which I never shot (granted it was a 1911 which is an unfair comparison), put 5 rounds down range and get much more accurate groupings then I could with my 92. I have at least 400 rounds through mine and I can't seem to come up with a common reason why my groupings are either good or bad.

FRUSTRATING is an understatement.. I shoot my 92 so/so. Sometimes ok, sometimes not so good.

What makes me nuts is I can pick up (like I did tonight) someone else's pistol which I never shot (granted it was a 1911 which is an unfair comparison), put 5 rounds down range and get much more accurate groupings then I could with my 92. I have at least 400 rounds through mine and I can't seem to come up with a common reason why my groupings are either good or bad.

You can't compare a sigle action to double action trigger. The single will almost always have a better break.

You can't compare a sigle action to double action trigger. The single will almost always have a better break.

I don't know about that, I shoot my Dad's 686 much better than my 92FS and XD9. However, there is definitely a difference in trigger pull. Also, I use the 92FS in SA mode and the trigger feel is almost identical to the XD9. The sights are a lot farther apart and smaller which makes it (in my findings) "trickier" to aim and be accurate.....those sites are very hard to line up.

Ok, my 686 is tuned to a point where the single action is almost the same as my 1911, but a revolver trigger and an autoloader trigger are two completly different assemblies. Most modern DA/SA autoloader triggers have more take up than a SAO trigger. My Sig 220 in single is no where near my Kimber. I have shot many 92's and they all had a good deal of slop in them. The XD is a striker fired pistol that can be tuned into an excellent trigger, but as stock is sloppy as hell.

But you notice I wrote will almost always be a better break. There are always exceptions.

Other sites with free state members do not need Govt permisssion to buy a pistol. They buy and sell pistols the way we do rifles and shotguns.

I often wondered and I think I know the answer to this, but maybe you can clarify two questions.

1) If I were to purchase a rifle/shotgun in NC (A lot cheaper), how do I work that with NJ If I PLAN to keep it in my house ONLY?

2) IF I go into PA and buy handgun ammo and bring back to NJ, is that ok? I heard only dealers/resellers can not?