RUTGERS95

insane pricing on some items

So I look around and look at pricing and in both good and bad times you see some outliers however, armslist has some CRAZY pricing on items but some make zero sense.  I'm looking at a company in bayville called tactical concepts selling....wait for it.........TC Compass rifles for over 400 (no nics etc) and then with scope package for over 700 (again no nics etc).  If you look around, you can the scope package for 370 delivered and 289 no scope and in all calibers

I mean there are other examples but holy cow some people are either dumb, really dishonest, or just plain crazy

2 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I mean there are other examples but holy cow some people are either dumb, really dishonest, or just plain crazy

And when they get their asking price, who's the dumb one?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just got back fro the Nations Gun Show at the Dulles Expo Center. Price were absolutely crazy on certain items like 9mm handguns of any type. Ammo was stupid expensive as well. I did buy 1000 Federal Large Pistol Magnum primers for $45 from a guy at the VA Gun Trader booth. The VA Gun Trader forum guys set up a table and allow members of the forum to sell their stuff without charging them anything.  I may bring some stuff to the next gun show.

Anyone going to the show looking for a deal is going to be very disappointed. It opened at 1PM today and I waited 1 1/2hrs to get inside. I did get to handle a Staccato P and C2 along with a Wilson Combat EDC. They all felt very good in the hand.

45 minutes ago, Handyman said:

Most of the people being gouged are probably low information people who were formerly anti-gun until they finally woke up to the unrest taking place. Hard to feel bad for some of them.

maybe on some but I know people who are buying as they shoot often, expect prices to continue to rise or supply to remain low.  No doubt many new shooters and the supply chain disruptions have exacerbated the situation.  We need to allow more imports of ammo because domestic production, given current constraints, can't meet demand

6 hours ago, Sniper said:

You thought you saw insane pricing before...  this will be a truly "Hold my Beer" moment for ammo and firearm prices... if you can actually find any...

no I"m optimistic as pricing was a result of the riots, covid etc..  we will see supply come back and the courts are striking down things in cali and the like.  Ammo is protected and now we've got some lawsuits for 2a running through

But unless the fat lady sings OUR song, we're going to have to fight 4 years of tyrannical Executive Orders to maintain our G-d given rights.

I personally do not see the shortages or the insane prices easing up any time soon.

Vive la résistance

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

no I"m optimistic as pricing was a result of the riots, covid etc..  we will see supply come back and the courts are striking down things in cali and the like.  Ammo is protected and now we've got some lawsuits for 2a running through

Hope springs eternal, but Biden ran on a platform of eliminating semi-automatic weapons and pledged to name Beto Orourke as his gun czar, so I'm not sure what you're basing your optimism on.

Biden is a puppet of the Democrat party machine, so he'll spout whatever they tell him to.

Democrats have control of the House, and in January they'll likely get the Senate as well, so I don't see any bright days ahead for the 2nd Amendment community.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

Hope springs eternal, but Biden ran on a platform of eliminating semi-automatic weapons and pledged to name Beto Orourke as his gun czar, so I'm not sure what you're basing your optimism on.

Biden is a puppet of the Democrat party machine, so he'll spout whatever they tell him to.

Democrats have control of the House, and in January they'll likely get the Senate as well, so I don't see any bright days ahead for the 2nd Amendment community.

I don't think they'll get the senate and lots of 2a cases going to the circuit and hopefully SC.  On top of that, I see this election dragging out further with the legal challenges which bear merit.  hope springs eternal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

no I"m optimistic as pricing was a result of the riots, covid etc.. 

You're forgetting, the MSM had Biden up BIGGLY in the polls leading up to the election. Many people were assuming this year that he would win, which is why they were buying, along with the riots.

41 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I don't think they'll get the senate and lots of 2a cases going to the circuit and hopefully SC. 

Georgia is going to have a run off election for both senators in January. If both go Dem, the senate becomes 50/50... and guess who is the tie breaker..... wait for it.... future President Harris. I don't believe the SC takes on any 2A cases... it's too much of a  "hot potato" issue in the country... they'll continue to punt.