NJSlick

Experiences w/ BudsGunShop? Story Inside..

See they were upfront with you about the delays. When I purchased, I called ahead, the gun was in stock and would ship normally. I guess not. And I'm not here to bash them, I just want to hear from you all and see if this is an isolated case or do they have a habit of doing this

Go online during CST business hours. They have a link to chat with a customer service representative. IMHO. that is the best way to reach a human.

Buds has been good to me. They have had it plastered all over their site that there will be delays in shipping. First, they had the present or no present icons they relied on for whether a firearm would ship by Christmas. Now its become the tortoise or the hare. If the delay is unacceptable, go for it and cancel, its not fair to say you weren't warned though. I understand the gun may have been in stock but doesn't mean much if they are processing over 1,000 orders every day. I'm a fan because they offer affordable firearms with generally very quick shipping.

I do transfers for local customers and more than a few have purchased from Buds. I can say that as the receiving dealer, it's a PITA because Bud's is terrible about communicating lead times to customers which then has the customers bugging me if their gun has arrived and they just didn't get the tracking info.

Now, specific to NJ, there was a situation where a customer came to me to buy 15/30 PMAGs after buying a rifle from Buds. They took his money and showed his order as processing. When it came time to ship the rifle, they said they wouldn't ship it to NJ with the 30rd mag. They wouldn't strip the mag from the rifle because they didn't want to open the sealed case. They ended up refunding the customer's money but only after a couple weeks of the customer a) expecting the rifle and b) purchasing accessories for it.

Buds has been good to me. They have had it plastered all over their site that there will be delays in shipping. First, they had the present or no present icons they relied on for whether a firearm would ship by Christmas. Now its become the tortoise or the hare. If the delay is unacceptable, go for it and cancel, its not fair to say you weren't warned though. I understand the gun may have been in stock but doesn't mean much if they are processing over 1,000 orders every day. I'm a fan because they offer affordable firearms with generally very quick shipping.

I called ahead and asked if the weapon was in stock. The rep said it was and therefore I placed my order after I got off the phone with her. I am aware that they have been backed up and that has been established, I was asking if this happens frequently or is it an isolated case.

I was thinking of purchasing something from Buds, anyone have any recent transactions?

They still a good company to deal with? Want to know before I place my order.

I like buying local, but with tax and higher prices, not sure buds can be beaten.

I was actually about to order from them for the first time today as they had a great price on something I was looking for, but I bailed on it last moment as I wasn't sure it would ship in time (I need it by next Thursday).

I was thinking of purchasing something from Buds, anyone have any recent transactions?

They still a good company to deal with? Want to know before I place my order.

I like buying local, but with tax and higher prices, not sure buds can be beaten.

I bought a Walther PPQ M2 in 9mm from Bud's earlier this summer and could not be more satisfied with the transaction.  First of all, the firearm was about $70 cheaper than what I could find locally and no sales tax which would have added another $40 to the transaction in NJ.  I paid by providing bank authorization which expedited the sale; it took about a week for the funds to be withdrawn and credited. No service charge.  The gun shipped the day after the funds cleared and there was no charge at all for shipping (FedEx).  I opted for the $5 insurance. I had the gun sent to Monmouth Arms and Steve there could not be more pleasant and efficient.  $25 FFL transfer and $15 NICs.   Highly recommend.

• Like 1

I have ordered from Bud's but I am not overwhelmed with their CS.  In fact they no longer get my business.  I would get your price from Bud's if you must but then continue to look around the net for better.  Much better experience with Kentucky Gun Company, and others. Good Luck.

I've dealt with Bud's and had no problems.  But I've also found good prices at Kentucky Gun Company (as noted by T Bill) and Gun Buyer.  

Depending on where you are located, Mastodon Ammo and Camo up in Vernon also has competitive pricing, and they are nice guys as well.