Sign in to follow this  
fatty

LaRue MBT Trigger

Anyone running a LaRue MBT trigger? 

http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger

It's a 2-stage trigger made of solid S7 tool steel with a 1st stage pull of 2.5lbs and 2nd stage of 2lbs.  I hear of a lot of guys comparing this to the Geissele SSA and SSA-E.

At $125... this looks really promising. 

Well it is really $199 if you actually want it. 

In a world full of awesome triggers, Larue is only 10 years late to the party. 

Very true, but I've read a lot of good reviews on this model though.  Great price point for tool steel - but unfortunate it's only for the wait list option.  I'd rather buy a Geissele for 200

For that price I wouldn't mind trying it. I have a geissele SD-E and the quality on that.. I don't think anything else can beat that quality. Probably why it's so god damn expensive. Plus the flat trigger instead of a bow shaped trigger is beautifullllll

I have been trying to find a head to head review against an SSA-E.  Trying to see if I want to replace the SSA-E and SSA in my OBR and PredatAR to make it all LaRue.  Cause I am a label whore like that, but I don't want to give up functionality or accuracy. 

Well I went ahead and bought one for $138 shipped BNIB

The Larue trigger blows the geissele SSA out of the water on my SPR.  Maybe if I install the optional heavier trigger spring the pull weight might be similar, but the 1st stage takeup is much smoother.  For whatever reason my SSA had a notchy/gritty 1st stage no matter how much I cleaned all surfaces, but the 2nd stage was very crisp.  The Larue on the other hand has a shorter and lighter 1st stage and then a light and super crisp 2nd stage break.  I've never handled an SSA-E, which is what most people I've heard compare it to, but the MBT is still $100 cheaper and you get S7 tool steel.

According to my crappy trigger pull gauge:

1st stage = 1.25 lbs

2nd stage = 2.00 lbs

Total pull was just a touch past 3 lbs

For the price, this is really hard to beat.

well my first choice are the KAC triggers, they are exceptional with both the lead and straight pull through.  I like them better than the Geiselles of comparison but the LaRue gets great reviews and for the price, a quality 2 stage trigger is no brainer.  I only wish I ordered 2 but they may do it again at Christmas. 

Went to install the trigger in my OBR... Would not fit with the BAD-ASS safety in place.  Okay I can take it out, wait, I need to remove the grip first, okay no problem.  Damn, I don't have the right size allen key with me.  DAMN!

Moved the SSA-E into my Noveske lower/SPR, moved the SSA from the SPR into a stripped Noveske lower.  Now I guess I have to build that one...