9 hours ago, rifleman said:

Come out and shoot trap every Thursday night 6 - 8, done by 9. $4 per 25 clays.

Do they allow "novices"?  If so I may try and head out one night.  

I was a member of Range-14 let my membership expire :facepalm: and its just been a hassle to get in with the online setup and hours for renewals and sessions..If you don't mind what was the initial cost and yearly fee? and is it one of the sponsorship ranges?!

CAPITAL CONTRIBUTION FEE (A ONE TIME FEE) IS $600.00 (NON TAXABLE) AND IS EITHER PAYABLE IN FULL OR AS A $300 (NON TAXABLE) PARTIAL PAYMENT WITH BALANCE OF $320 REMAINDER PAID IN NO MORE THAN (4) EQUAL QUARTERLY $80.00 (INCLUDES $5.00 SERVICE CHARGE) INSTALLMENTS.

HONORABLY DISCHARGED SERVICE PERSONNEL WHO SUBBMIT A COPY OF THEIR DD214 WILL RECEIVE $100 DISCOUNT.

ANNUAL DUES ($300.00) ARE TAXABLE & ARE PRO-RATED BASED ON WHEN YOU ATTEND A NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION. MONTH OF NEW MEMBER MEETING JAN FEB MAR APRIL MAY JUNE PRO-RATED DUES 7% TAX INCLUDED $293.22 $266.56 $239.91 $213.25 $186.59 $159.94 MONTH OF NEW MEMBER MEETING JULY AUG SEPT OCT NOV DEC PRO-RATED DUES 7% TAX INCLUDED $133.28 $106.63 $79.97 $53.31 $26.66 NOT HELD MIN PAY EXAMPLE = ATTEND AUG MEETING = $106.63 + $300.00 = WRITE A CHECK FOR $406.63 PAY IN FULL EXAMPLE = ATTEND AUG MEETING = $106.63 + $600.00 = WRITE A CHECK FOR $706.63

https://cjrpc.org/#/ click "How to Join"

Sponsors are not required. Members get a discount for referring new members. 

You'd probably be looking at 4-6 month process at this point, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kc17 said:

CAPITAL CONTRIBUTION FEE (A ONE TIME FEE) IS $600.00 (NON TAXABLE) AND IS EITHER PAYABLE IN FULL OR AS A $300 (NON TAXABLE) PARTIAL PAYMENT WITH BALANCE OF $320 REMAINDER PAID IN NO MORE THAN (4) EQUAL QUARTERLY $80.00 (INCLUDES $5.00 SERVICE CHARGE) INSTALLMENTS.

HONORABLY DISCHARGED SERVICE PERSONNEL WHO SUBBMIT A COPY OF THEIR DD214 WILL RECEIVE $100 DISCOUNT.

ANNUAL DUES ($300.00) ARE TAXABLE & ARE PRO-RATED BASED ON WHEN YOU ATTEND A NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION. MONTH OF NEW MEMBER MEETING JAN FEB MAR APRIL MAY JUNE PRO-RATED DUES 7% TAX INCLUDED $293.22 $266.56 $239.91 $213.25 $186.59 $159.94 MONTH OF NEW MEMBER MEETING JULY AUG SEPT OCT NOV DEC PRO-RATED DUES 7% TAX INCLUDED $133.28 $106.63 $79.97 $53.31 $26.66 NOT HELD MIN PAY EXAMPLE = ATTEND AUG MEETING = $106.63 + $300.00 = WRITE A CHECK FOR $406.63 PAY IN FULL EXAMPLE = ATTEND AUG MEETING = $106.63 + $600.00 = WRITE A CHECK FOR $706.63

https://cjrpc.org/#/ click "How to Join"

Sponsors are not required. Members get a discount for referring new members. 

You'd probably be looking at 4-6 month process at this point, unfortunately. 

THANKS alot.....so for laymans purposes...its $600 initial setup and $300 yearly plus taxes?! 

3 minutes ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

THANKS alot.....so for laymans purposes...its $600 initial setup and $300 yearly plus taxes?! 

Yes, the $600 is the one time contribution aka buy-in fee. Then $300 a year, there are ways to get discounts on that. You can spread the $600 out through the course of a year. The $300 is pro-rated based on when you join. Everyone's dues are Jan-Dec, so if you joined in July you'd be paying half of the $300. 

We are a member-owned club, not a for-profit business. That is why the contribution fee. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Yes, the $600 is the one time contribution aka buy-in fee. Then $300 a year, there are ways to get discounts on that. You can spread the $600 out through the course of a year. The $300 is pro-rated based on when you join. Everyone's dues are Jan-Dec, so if you joined in July you'd be paying half of the $300. 

We are a member-owned club, not a for-profit business. That is why the contribution fee. 

thank you so much for the clarity...much appreciated!! 

IMO R14 & CJR&PC are so completely different, it's not fair to compare them. R14 has a membership fee + hourly fees with limited hours of operation. Even as a member it was hit or miss if I was able to shoot that day. I'd be there two hours or more to get a spot, then be limited on how long I could stay. Some of the ROs were strict beyond necessary. They also have the set times for cease fire, etc... From what I understand things are even worse with the flu. 

CJR&PC, you pay nothing extra. Hours are better, no ROs, much larger facility, covered pistol & rifle ranges, indoor range, etc.... If you are in a pit there's nobody else to worry about. If you are on one of the ranges, each member is in a sense an RO. If you need to go downrange, you make an announcement and the range goes cold. I have NEVER had to wait to shoot. Sure, some days are more crowded than others, maybe I didn't get the pit I wanted, but others were available. 

22 hours ago, rifleman said:

Come out and shoot trap every Thursday night 6 - 8, done by 9. $4 per 25 clays.

@rifleman

Id love too..  Mind if i PM you right before i know i that i have a free Thursday evening? I would appreciate to meet up with you there so you could show me the ropes over on the skeet/trap side of the club..  I'll admit, my only skeet/trap experience is informal stuff with friends at either the WMA ranges or some farmer friends back field..  No fancy trap gun, just my hunting 12 guages.. And im doing good when i actually hit more than i miss...

Ron

10 hours ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

I was a member of Range-14 let my membership expire :facepalm: and its just been a hassle to get in with the online setup and hours for renewals and sessions..If you don't mind what was the initial cost and yearly fee? and is it one of the sponsorship ranges?!

As KC17 posted above; and all spot on great info..  I was also a member of Range-14 and i too let my membership expire this past January..  It just wasnt for me. The odd hours and days never fit my schedule.. And honestly, its really no cheaper in the end, other then the one time 600$ capital contribution fee. I would take my two kids with the range 14 for two hours. Thats 30$.. Do that a handful of times a year, plus the 90$ annual fee, and you'll be at at least 300$ a year.. 

At this point, you would be lucky to get in CJRPC until July or August.. With the prorated membership dues, you looking somewhere around 725$..  Hell, sell a case of ammo and your in..  Or apply those Biden bucks to it.. :D

Theres plenty of credit oppurtunities at CJRPC. Get involved and be active, and you could damn near be in for free each year..

If you ever want to just take a drive through and check it out, let me know. Im only 15 mins from there..