Bklynracer

Walmart won't sell plastic ammo crate to NJ?

Get it from Amazon. for only $19.19 a box but the only caveat is it won't be available till 6/19/21. Order now and if it ships earlier then its a win win!

https://www.amazon.com/MTM-ACR7-18-Ammo-Crate-Utility/dp/B01CNP4HOY/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=MTM+ACR7-18+Ammo+Crate+Utility+Box&qid=1620690566&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-1

9 minutes ago, My1stGlock said:

Yea I know it's the principle and what is everyone so paranoid about? Maybe if the description was changed to toy chest it wouldn't get flagged. We are a snowflake state these days.

It is principal, it's a plastic container with a sticker.

But get this, one of their 3rd party vendors has it and I can buy it from them through the Walmart website and have it shipped to me, So I guess it's Okay as long as Walmart is not selling it. What a joke.

1 hour ago, Bklynracer said:

It is principal, it's a plastic container with a sticker.

But get this, one of their 3rd party vendors has it and I can buy it from them through the Walmart website and have it shipped to me, So I guess it's Okay as long as Walmart is not selling it. What a joke.

Stupid logic. Gee wonder if 3rd party posted ammo for sell if it would work hmmmm. 

This happened to me last summer.  But I had the day off, it was raining, and I felt like being a pain in the a$$ so I called and complained about their stupidity.  Ended up with a $20 gift card and a useless apology.  Ordered the ammo boxes off of Amazon while I was on the phone with Wallyworld. :D  

• Haha 2

It isn't logic. It's bullshit. 

The dude in india or some other foreign call center doesn't know why it's restricted. They just see that it is restricted and are telling you politley. "fuck off.. it's restricted because it's restricted."

Now why it is restricted is probably because it is misidentified somehow in their ordering system. Back before Cabelas was sold to anyone not cabelas, they had excellent customer service. They would ship me a 10 round 10/22 rotary mag, but not the 3 pack that was discounted. I eventually got it fixed and the reason was that someone putting the sku in inventory put the capacity identifier at 30 rather than 10 and that field was put there to handle shipping restrictions. 

Walmart may have set a bot to flag all ammo and it grabbed the can for having ammo in the description and failed to distinguish between a can to hold ammo and a can full of ammo. Or it could be because someone decided they might get sued for selling it here because they can't read the law. Whatever it is the computer says no and wal mart isn't the type of place to fix that unless the mechanism is the logistics system says it sold X units less than predicted and for that they will replace it with a new similar item in inventory and that one doesn't get mis-filed. 

• Agree 1