Sign in to follow this  
totalabuse

Check it.

Antz....I've heard you mention your dislike of the 10/22 before. What is it you don't like about it?

It is just boring for me. .22 1911 conversion really helps the 1911 skill. But 10/22 doesn't seem to help anything because it is not that accurate so you don't know it is you or the rifle. I know a lot of people like it. I got 10/22 simple because the "experts" recommended. What I should have got was a bolt action .22.

Bolt actions are known to be more accurate than semi-autos. But, the 10/22 is a really accurate gun for me. Are you sure the barrel is clean? Is there anything wrong with the rifling? Have you tried different ammo? Do you have a scope on your 10/22?

Maybe its just the .22 round that is boring for you? If you go to a range where you can shoot something other than paper, I can almost guarantee you will love a .22. Try shooting cans, fruit, water jugs full of water....etc. its a whole different ball game.

Bolt actions are known to be more accurate than semi-autos. But, the 10/22 is a really accurate gun for me. Are you sure the barrel is clean? Is there anything wrong with the rifling? Have you tried different ammo? Do you have a scope on your 10/22?

Maybe its just the .22 round that is boring for you? If you go to a range where you can shoot something other than paper, I can almost guarantee you will love a .22. Try shooting cans, fruit, water jugs full of water....etc. its a whole different ball game.

The 10/22 is very accurate, but just not accurate enough for improving shotting skill, well may be a little. One time I had a scope on it and then took it off because the scope made things too easy.

Well, that is off the topic of this thread. I am really interested to know that out of these new wave of .22 rifles, which one is more than a dressed up 10/22.

Which one has something that 10/22 does not offer.

The 10/22 is very accurate, but just not accurate enough for improving shotting skill, well may be a little. One time I had a scope on it and then took it off because the scope made things too easy.

Well, that is off the topic of this thread. I am really interested to know that out of these new wave of .22 rifles, which one is more than a dressed up 10/22.

Which one has something that 10/22 does not offer.

This is a very good point. If not anything else, the 10/22 is robust. I know alot of guys around here love their GSG5's. And I'm not trying to piss in anyone Cheerios, but.... Just don't drop them. I swear it feels like something I could break with my bare hands.