Anyone have issues with Blazer ammo not ejecting properly? I'm reposting the picture I took of the rim with the jagged cuts on it. After contacting Blazer I got this response:

"From: Experts, BlazerAmmo

Subject: RE: Blazer-Ammo.com - Ask the Expert Form

Christopher: firing is not the cause of the problem, chambering/feeding from the magazine will accomplish the cuts. The Lot is nearly new production made in late March from a Lot size of 100,000 with no other reported problems.

You can send for evaluation in the following manner:

CCI

Attn: Coy Getman

2299 Snake River Ave.

Lewiston, ID 83501

Mark the exterior of the package "Cartridges, Small Arms" and "ORM-D". On the interior of the box place the ammunition, a copy of this email and your contact information W/ phone number. Take to UPS Ground for shipment.

We'll evaluate the problem and report our findings.

Coy

Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 7:51 AM

To: Experts, BlazerAmmo

Thank you for the quick response. No the ammo has not been fired. The Lot number is C28P5 for the 4 boxes I have left. More than half the cases have these markings.

--- On Tue, 6/30/09, Experts, BlazerAmmo wrote:

To: chrisjm98

Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 5:49 PM

Christopher: we will see jagged ridges on case rim of rounds that have

been fed from the magazine, could that be the source of the marks? The

steel lips on the magazine will cut the rim and often mark the case

wall. What is the Lot # on the package, it will appear like "J23M34".

Shoot Straight!

Sr. Technical Coordinator

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2009 11:30 AM

To: Experts, BlazerAmmo

Subject: Blazer-Ammo.com - Ask the Expert Form

After purchasing 115 gr 9mm Blazer ammo I noticed a jagged edge on the

rim of the case. I have had a few fail to extracts resulting in the gun

jamming. I was wondering if it might be a bad lot or if this is normal

for that ammo.

I've heard aluminum casings are generally not good because of heat expansion. They will expand inside the chamber causing them to become more difficult to extract putting additional stress on the extractor. I DO NOT know if this is truth or fiction.

I put about 130 rounds through my new CZ last night without a single problem.

the blazer regular is alum cased... those cause some issues.... the blazer brass, the walmart boxes, are brass casings, and shoot just fine.

I have never shot Blazer ammo, but maybe the failure to eject problem is why ShoreShot doesnt allow it on their range?? Just a guess, anyone ever ask them?

"2. Shore Shot Pistol Range DOES NOT allow CCI BLAZER (Aluminum Cased) or WOLF (Steel Cased) ammunition on the range. We have also restricted the use of all High Powered Rifle ammunition. Only Frangible (Parafin based) High Powered Rifle ammunition will be permitted. Anyone found shooting the restricted ammunition will be asked to leave."

-Scott

If you do notice the jagged rim please contact Blazer. Just because nobody has complained (or so the rep told me) doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Almost half the cases in my boxes are like that to different degrees though. I keep trying to tell the rep that they came like that. The rep is trying to tell me my clip is making those markings.

"I don't think so Tim."

-Al Borland

I've used cheap ammo all the time when plinking. Including Blazer, Wolf, Independence, Ultramax, WWB, PMC, and others too long ago to remember. Your not buying home defense rounds or target loads, your buying cheap plinking rounds. Shoot the stuff and have fun.

Using cheap ammo should mean having to worry about damage to my gun or the safety of myself or people around me. Plus it just burns my butt regarding the arrogant answer I got from them (It couldn't be our product so it must be your gun). So I'd like others to report it. Kind of a stick that in your pipe and smoke it response to them. ;)

You have a very valid point Chris. Did you mention to your rep that your gun couldnt be causing all the marks because the casings are showing the same marks on them right out of the box before you even load a magazine???

-Scott

You have a very valid point Chris. Did you mention to your rep that your gun couldnt be causing all the marks because the casings are showing the same marks on them right out of the box before you even load a magazine???

-Scott

I did and I was told I can send the ammo to them and it would be examined. Some of the rims are wavy and uneven. Some are jagged cuts. And some rims are noticeably thinner than others. I'm going to mail them out and see what happens. Again if you have any of the same problems I recommend you contact Blazer.

-Chris

-Scott

I did and I was told I can send the ammo to them and it would be examined. Some of the rims are wavy and uneven. Some are jagged cuts. And some rims are noticeably thinner than others. I'm going to mail them out and see what happens. Again if you have any of the same problems I recommend you contact Blazer.

-Chris

You mean UPS them?

So after shipping my ammo out to be examined this is the response I got:

"Our senior technical Services manager and I inspected the product and did note that some of the rounds did have a jagged portion along the rim. It is a bit difficult to determine the exact cause for this but it most likely happened during the process we call the 'head turn'. It is not what we would consider typical of this product and are unaware of this causing extraction problems.

I am going to ship you replacement product in 'Blazer Brass' which uses a different type of case manufacturing process. I am sure you will be pleased with it's performance and the cases are reloadable."

Wahoo!

So after shipping my ammo out to be examined this is the response I got:

"Our senior technical Services manager and I inspected the product and did note that some of the rounds did have a jagged portion along the rim. It is a bit difficult to determine the exact cause for this but it most likely happened during the process we call the 'head turn'. It is not what we would consider typical of this product and are unaware of this causing extraction problems.

I am going to ship you replacement product in 'Blazer Brass' which uses a different type of case manufacturing process. I am sure you will be pleased with it's performance and the cases are reloadable."

Wahoo!

Good deal. I've never had any issues with Blazer Brass.

nice job chris, all that work finally paid off. I can't believe they sent you their more expensive bullets as compared to just a new box of the same ole stuff. The blazer brass is really nice stuff, never had a problem with it yet.

I've never had a problem with Blazer Brass. It's excellent ammo for the range. Too bad they don't carry it in stores. :lol:

Thanks everyone. It was more of the point that there was a problem with their production and I was trying to let them know about it. The first guy who responded was very arrogant which, after much contemplation encouraged me to send it back instead of down range at that guy's email. ;)