njpilot

Happ 4th of July. Something to Think About

Hello America,

Here it is, another Fourth of July. Traditionally, this is a day to gather with friends, maybe fire up the barbeque and play with kids until the sun sets and the fireworks start. But in thinking back on the meaning behind this day, we must never forget that our nation was baptized in the blaze of a very different kind of "fireworks." Yes, this is a day of rest and relaxation, as well it should be, but this year

Even tho I think Beck is an opportunist and more than a little sensationalistic, there are some excellent points brought up here. Thanks for sharing njpilot

Can't dissagree with you more about Mr. Beck. He maybe a little far right than some people like, he's right where me and the misses like him.

If you ever feel like your lone voice can never be heard, that the political system isn't set up for "regular" Americans to change the course of history, remember: The signers were flesh and blood, mortal men with a divinely-inspired aim.

Amen.

Happy birthday America!

Be careful this weekend. Take it from a guy who came VERY close too losing part of his right hand in 1984. My thumb still ain't right.

The funny thing with Beck, is that I actually agree with most of what he says. I just don't always care for how he presents himself.

Anyway, this thread is about the 4th and I should've left my opinions out of it :)

So, Happy July 4th everyone! 8_14_9.gif

I just started to read his new book, Common Sense. Just read the intro and the first few pages of Chapter 1 and I think the guy is right on the money.

He's not a Republican and not a Democrat and hammers both side because he really cares about where this country is headed.

I agree with Beck. I've never catered towards any party, but to the approaches towards the "big picture" taken by politicians. All parties, politicians, and individuals are at fault for where this country has gone, and are responsible in driving the country forward. I understand the importance of having multiple parties with separate platforms, otherwise the US would fail as a democracy (it would become a despotism, generally speaking). Ultimately, this nation was created by citizens for its citizens... and all people for that matter. In respects to the fourth which just passed:

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore."

There are no such things as seperate party platforms anymore. The only thing the Repulicrats care about is money and power. These yahoos grandstad on the floors of Congress and talk about how the other party wants to take away your rights, then go out and compromise those rights for the purpose of bipartisanship. They are useless, self grandulating, un american pieces of crap.