Scorpio64

Clay Shoot, Clinton WMA ** Sunday 6/11/23 **

Looks like ya'll had a great time! Minor health issue for me and major sudden health event for mom kept me from attending this one.

But thanks @Scorpio64 for keeping me in the loop once again and organizing this for all the others who atteneded and had a good time. I look forward to making another get together soon....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

Looks like ya'll had a great time! Minor health issue for me and major sudden health event for mom kept me from attending this one.

But thanks @Scorpio64 for keeping me in the loop once again and organizing this for all the others who atteneded and had a good time. I look forward to making another get together soon....

Hope everyone is feeling better.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 5:36 PM, rschmidty6 said:

Hi Everybody.  Based on Scorpio's mention above, I am the new member, with my first post.  :)  Told you guys I would sign up - LOL

It was truly a pleasure to meet everyone, and I look forward to doing it again.  As a walk in, you all really made me feel welcome - Thank you for that.

Thank you for setting it up @Scorpio64 , and thank you and @Mr.Stu for the traps and loaner guns, plus anyone else I forgot to mention.

@Ms. 12 Gauge, I am shopping for an auto now!  Thanks for letting me try it out.

@Mrs. Peel, It was nice to meet, and I forgot to mention, you do great moderating.

Hope to see everyone again soon!

On 6/13/2023 at 9:41 AM, Mrs. Peel said:

I'll pick up someone nice light and/or short shottie and I'll hit a few in a row and THEN I'll think, "hmmm... maybe I CAN do this...". I've been going down other expensive rabbit holes lately, but eventually, when I have some extra bucks, I'll look around for a light, compact model and get some practice in with ONE gun. rshmidty6 on the other hand, was one of those people who had a new shotgun, didn't even know how to load it, and yet... he was instantly CRUSHING clays! Some newbies just seem to have that "shotgun aptitude" coming right out of the gate... god bless them!   

On 6/12/2023 at 7:47 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

And so it begins....

If there's one thing you'll find on these Forums in abundance... it's warm, friendly people....  and those same people are also delighted to help you spend mo' of your money on guns, ammo & accessories that you didn't even know you needed until you met them!  

Ask me how I know this... :rofl:

@rschmidty

now you’re just making Peel’s head swell! 

@Mrs. Peel I have a shotgun for you!

I inherited a Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 20 gauge  from my dad I’d like to ‘keep in the family’. 

Again, Mrs Tex and I are planning on a trip back up to NJ in October. I’d love to shoot with yall! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

@Mr.Stu what was the 20g Peel was shooting. I was trying to remember and I couldn’t recall the make or model…

Not 100% sure but...Beretta maybe?  It looked expensive, had that fancy hydraulic recoil absorber.

On 6/17/2023 at 3:54 PM, High Exposure said:

@Mr.Stu what was the 20g Peel was shooting. I was trying to remember and I couldn’t recall the make or model…

It was a Benelli Ethos. They cut weight as much as possible on that. The rib is carbon fiber.

• Thanks 2

On 6/17/2023 at 3:58 PM, Scorpio64 said:

Not 100% sure but...Beretta maybe?  It looked expensive, had that fancy hydraulic recoil absorber.

Same stable, but it's a Benelli. The price wasn't too terrible - $1450 from Jim Flynn's.

• Like 1