Downtownv

Popular New Jersey radio host Judi Franco talks about becoming a gun owner in the Garden State

Popular New Jersey radio host Judi Franco talks about becoming a gun owner in the Garden State

Women are the largest growing demographic of new gun owners in America and these unprecedented times have pushed many to take the dive. New Jersey, in particular, gun ownership might be growing more and more, with people realizing the civil liberty is within reach in a post NYSRPA v. Bruen world. One such new gun owner decided to chronicle her journey from being curious about firearms in a rebellious anti-authoritarian way, to jumping in feet first into firearms training and education, and now ownership. Judi Franco is one of the hosts of the popular Dennis and Judi Show on New Jersey on 101.5, and she was kind enough to have a chat with me about her motivations, the process, and what might be coming next for her in the realm of the Second Amendment.

Back in May of this year Franco took the plunge and headed to a local shooting range in Lakewood, New Jersey. For Franco, it was a no-brainer on heading to WeShoot for this adventure…I asked her if this was just a function of hitting the search engine to find the right place, or if this was a typical Jersey “I know a guy” kind of thing. She admits she might be biased because she’s known one of the owners for over 30 years. Shooting and firearm ownership was not always in the forefront of the radio star’s mind, so having a comfortable place to cut her teeth was important.

https://bearingarms.com/john-petrolino/2023/09/12/popular-new-jersey-radio-host-judi-franco-talks-about-becoming-a-gun-owner-in-the-garden-state-n74740?utm_source=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&bcid=00ea90fbf351bbfd29c96affd26f2dca49954a466ec9e3e8139f308bd8a1cb93

• Like 1

Only time I listen to commercial, over the air radio anymore is first thing in the morning as my alarm clock and it is 101.5; but I hadn't heard of this earlier. I am familiar with the hosts, personalities, jockeys, whatever they call themselves. I did see the Bearing Arms article this morning. My first thought was, good for her and it helps get the word out to more people. Second though was, is the Instructor really wearing a bullet proof vest? That's not really a good look. 

3 hours ago, kc17 said:

Their "news" has leaned further left as well. To be fair, having it on as an alarm clock is good incentive for me to get up and turn it off. 

i wasn't noticing that when i bailed, but i have noticed fox news going to the left.

you do have a valid point. when i was still listening, i always knew the time without ever looking at a clock.

8 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

i wasn't noticing that when i bailed, but i have noticed fox news going to the left.

you do have a valid point. when i was still listening, i always knew the time without ever looking at a clock.

Eric Scott uses the leftist's approved words for the Jan 6th protests: violent, deadly, insurrection, attempted takeover, etc... He also gives all of the negative spins towards Trump while remaining mostly silent regarding Biden.

He then shill's himself for advertisers. I still haven't figured out how people can believe a paid spokesperson can be trusted to be an impartial news reporter. 

2 hours ago, kc17 said:

Eric Scott uses the leftist's approved words for the Jan 6th protests: violent, deadly, insurrection, attempted takeover, etc... He also gives all of the negative spins towards Trump while remaining mostly silent regarding Biden.

He then shill's himself for advertisers. I still haven't figured out how people can believe a paid spokesperson can be trusted to be an impartial news reporter. 

that's disappointing to hear about scott. i guess he's worried about his cushy good paying job over the truth. i did kinda sense that a little in him though when he did those town halls on firearms........

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

that's disappointing to hear about scott. i guess he's worried about his cushy good paying job over the truth. i did kinda sense that a little in him though when he did those town halls on firearms........

He's just a mouthpiece for Town Square Media.  The news folks tend to be that way, but the hosts of the shows are definitely opinionated.

3 hours ago, plumberssuper1122 said:

Judi Franco's decision to become a gun owner in New Jersey sparks an intriguing discussion. As a popular radio host, her experience adds depth to the ongoing dialogue surrounding gun ownership and regulations. Her perspective sheds light on the diverse reasons individuals choose to arm themselves, while also prompting reflection on the responsibilities and complexities involved in firearm ownership within the Garden State's legal framework. Such discussions are vital in fostering understanding and navigating the nuanced terrain of gun rights and safety.

An AI bot couldn’t have said it any better!

• Agree 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

An AI bot couldn’t have said it any better!

My first impression was someone copied and pasted an article they gleaned from another site, but AI bot sounds about right too.  Seriously, nobody but @Mrs. Peel writes like that. 

It's too random for a new member to have posted this at 0330.  What could possibly inspire some Judy obsessed tortured soul to post this in the wee hours.  I am assuming a tortured soul because this Judy specific topic is apparently keeping someone up all night.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1