1LtCAP

iwb holster for 1911

wasn't sure where to put this. if it's gotta be moved admins, please do.

anyway......i've been pretty happy with my tulster, vedder, and to a lesser extent we-the-people kydex holsters for what i'm carrying so far.

but.....i'm thinking i'd like to get an iwb for my r1. problem is i'm a little vain. i don't wanna give that gun holster rash. so.......anyone got any

recommendations for a iwb holster for the 1911 that won't give it holster rash? prefer kydex because of how little room it takes.....

thanks guys.....

25 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

wasn't sure where to put this. if it's gotta be moved admins, please do.

anyway......i've been pretty happy with my tulster, vedder, and to a lesser extent we-the-people kydex holsters for what i'm carrying so far.

but.....i'm thinking i'd like to get an iwb for my r1. problem is i'm a little vain. i don't wanna give that gun holster rash. so.......anyone got any

recommendations for a iwb holster for the 1911 that won't give it holster rash? prefer kydex because of how little room it takes.....

thanks guys.....

JM Custom Kydex

42 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

@1LtCAP - fyi, moved it to "concealed carry" forum - no need to have topics like this in 1A (where they'll actually get fewer eyes).  

thank you!! i shoulda known that, but sometimes i'm a dummy. i always appreciate you looking out for us all!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

on their site now....don't see anything about any sort of lining? am i just being too vain not wanting to get holster rash on that particular gun?

also.....thank you sir!

Any holster is going to give some type of wear.  I use alien gear cloak for my 1911s

Depends on what position you're gonna carry in.

I've got an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck for my M&P Shield and it's super comfy.  They make them for 1911's in 3", 3.5", 4", 4.25", 5".  They're meant for 3:00 to 5:00 carry.  The backing is leather with a neoprene liner so it's super comfy.  Hasn't left a mark on my Shield.

I also have a couple of Crossbreed Reckoning holsters for IWB/3:00 that are pretty darn comfy too.  

11 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

on their site now....don't see anything about any sort of lining? am i just being too vain not wanting to get holster rash on that particular gun?

also.....thank you sir!

If you are concerned about holster wear on a gun you are carrying for self defense, then that gun has ceased being a lifesaving tool and has become a fashion accessory.

Forget holster marks, what’s it going to look like after being thrown in an evidence locker for 30 years if you use it?

I totally understand it being precious to you and it having personal value over and above its worth. If that’s the case, maybe that 1911 is not the gun to carry.

Get a nice OWB leather rig for BBQs and infrequent range trips where you will practice drawing, and enjoy the 1911 worry free.

Then go spend $300 on a used soulless G19, buy an JMCK or Tenicor IWB rig, and carry with confidence.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, High Exposure said:

If you are concerned about holster wear on a gun you are carrying for self defense, then that gun has ceased being a lifesaving tool and has become a fashion accessory.

Forget holster marks, what’s it going to look like after being thrown in an evidence locker for 30 years if you use it?

I totally understand it being precious to you and it having personal value over and above its worth. If that’s the case, maybe that 1911 is not the gun to carry.

Get a nice OWB leather rig for BBQs and infrequent range trips where you will practice drawing, and enjoy the 1911 worry free.

Then go spend $300 on a used soulless G19, buy an JMCK or Tenicor IWB rig, and carry with confidence.

i'll just stop worrying about it. i was gonna carry the springfield instead...but the r1 is the better of the two, and is in my opinion the best tool for the job......