Xtors

SCOTUS emergency conference on NY carry law

5 hours ago, father-of-three said:

It is sad that the Constitutional originalist position has become viewed as far right "MAGA extremists."

Never vote for a Democrat.  This is what you get every time. Every city they are in charge of is an absolute shit hole.  Everything they touch turns to shit.  They think they know everything but they dont know shit.

• Agree 6

13 hours ago, 10X said:

They should save time and also consider the attempts by NJ and CA to circumvent Bruen. 

if they put the kabosh on ny's stuff, wouldn't that also do the same to nj and ca?

i just now realized this wasn't in the 1a, so i edited the colorful word out.....

3 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

if they put the kabosh on ny's shiit, wouldn't that also do the same to nj and ca?

I don’t think it would have direct impact.  The result of this emergency conference wouldn’t set national precedent like Bruen did.  It would certainly be a shot across the bow, though.  

22 hours ago, Xtors said:

Why is a SCOTUS regular conference (not emergency docket) suddenly a magical thing? Especially since this "news" .. is a week old.

FYI, odds are quite low that the court will take the case at this point.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, b47356 said:

Why is a SCOTUS regular conference (not emergency docket) suddenly a magical thing? Especially since this "news" .. is a week old.

FYI, odds are quite low that the court will take the case at this point.

The reporting on this has been ass. With that in mind, my understanding is this is about appeal regarding injunction rather than hearing the actual case. 

2 hours ago, raz-0 said:

The reporting on this has been ass. With that in mind, my understanding is this is about appeal regarding injunction rather than hearing the actual case. 

Of course - it's all the Liberal news outlets slamming Clarence Thomas and trying to smear him.  He's the new Trump Target 2.0

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Of course - it's all the Liberal news outlets slamming Clarence Thomas and trying to smear him.  He's the new Trump Target 2.0

Somewhere there is an FBI SWAT team practicing breaching a replica of his home and some Judge ready to rule he committed some crime and there is no need for a trial. Garfinkle is rubbing his hands waiting for the word.