Mrs. Peel

Substantial Jump in Ammo Prices Forecast for Jan 1, 2024

Hmmm... if you were thinking of buying ammo, powder, primers, etc., you might want to stock up this month! An anticipated global gunpowder shortage will be impacting pricing come January 1st according to Vista Outdoor:  

"Companies that will increase their prices include Remington, Alliant Powder, CCI, Federal, SEVI-Shot and Speer. The following increases include:

• Shotshell: 1-7 percent
  • Rifle: 1-7 percent
  • Handgun: 1-5 percent
  • 22LR/Shorts: 1-5 percent
  • WMR/HMR: 1-7 percent
  • Primers: 5 percent
  • Alliant Powder: 10 percent (limited availability)."

Article >>> Ammo Prices Set to Rise 'Substantially' (msn.com)

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Great its a good thing i'm hoarding 3 - 20 round boxes of .223

12 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

In all the calibers I shoot, I keep at least 50 rounds of each on hand so I am more than good for now!

Are you guys crazy? No wonder ammo is at a premium with you hoarders gobbling it all up!

Hi Everyone,  I just bought a G42 380.  My home gun is a 43x. I bought the 42 because I have issues with my hands. At 78 I have quite a few issues, lol.

I bought a bunch of stuff from Glock to help with racking, mag release , a 3.5 connector and related things to help my hands. 

I have been reading reviews from all the ammo sights on the net and I'm seeing that some 380 ammo doesn't work in some of the 42's. 

I'm hoping that some of you here have had experience with trouble ammo in the 42 and maybe you can give me some advice on the best training ammo that you don't have to pay a lung for. I want to practice and take the test to carry . So any advice would be appreciated.