Sign in to follow this  
coldsolderjoint

Sawed off

Home defense?

Nah.. just cuz its cool... :lol:

i bet if (God Forbid) I ever needed to use that for home defense, I would get trumped up charges for making a more deadlier weapon.

Comon.. everyone knows in NJ, you are supposed to help the bad guys steal your TV and rape your family...

I might do the same thing with the my H&R 20 gauge! You were pretty slick with the ejections. Maybe you can get a shell holder on the stock for quick reloads, no?

If you could flick the chamber back closed one handed after you loaded a new shell then your life would be complete.

Looks like fun!

Sometimes it works like that. The buckshot which is heavier stays down more than the lighter bird shot, which likes to back itself out during the flick. Gotta work on it. 8-)

I might do the same thing with the my H&R 20 gauge! You were pretty slick with the ejections. Maybe you can get a shell holder on the stock for quick reloads, no?

Humm.. now it's time to look on gunbroker 8-) or at least a belt mount ammo shell holder.

Obviously your going the cheapo route since you paid, what, 75 bucks for it. Take a side saddle that holds 4,5, or 6 rounds (whichever fits) and screw it to the stock. BTW, how are the sights? :lol:

Humm.. now it's time to look on gunbroker 8-) or at least a belt mount ammo shell holder.

Obviously your going the cheapo route since you paid, what, 75 bucks for it. Take a side saddle that holds 4,5, or 6 rounds (whichever fits) and screw it to the stock. BTW, how are the sights? :lol:

Lol, why would I buy a new gun and saw it off? There is not much of a stock left, so I don't know if that would interfere with the grip. LOL.. What sights?~

Just brought home the 20 gauge today. My pops paid 35 bucks for it and doesn't care what happens to it. It's bet up and has some rust on it so chopping it up isn't going to hurt the value. So now I'm gonna do a little chopping of my own. What are the legal lengths for the barrel and the entire rifle? I don't want to get into any trouble.

Just brought home the 20 gauge today. My pops paid 35 bucks for it and doesn't care what happens to it. It's bet up and has some rust on it so chopping it up isn't going to hurt the value. So now I'm gonna do a little chopping of my own. What are the legal lengths for the barrel and the entire rifle? I don't want to get into any trouble.

18" minimum for the barrel, as measured by a stick placed into the barrel, 26" overall length for a shotgun. It's best to add some room for insurance. Mine is 18.5 barrel and 27 overall.

Do you think I need to leave a piece of the stock on, or can I just make it a pistol grip? Pistol grips are legal in NJ.

Yes you can have a pistol grip, however, you must account for the overall length, which on a break open, usually means a longer barrel.

If I wanted to go with a Pistol Grip, I would have needed about a 21" barrel to stay legal at at least 26" overall length.

Also, you must take into account the Screw/Bolt in the Stock which holds the stock on. If you cut the stock into a pistol grip, you might need to replace that bolt with a shorter one and deal with the hole in the back.

Shot it today:

I need to lose some weight :cry:

Not to be like a kill joy, or flame you BUT, WHY WHY WHY would you put that on YouTube.... Might as well send up a flare and tell the cops...hey here I am....even though it is legit, it just seems silly...

Just my .02...it seems to be a recurring theme with me to be more 'professional' in our demeanor.... The sillier we look the more they think they should take away our rights....

I feel bad for looking like a fatty.. but other than that, being a law-abiding gun owner practicing safe gun handling/shooting techniques, I see nothing wrong with this video. Maybe I can encourage other people to modify their guns to their liking and still stay legal.

IMO, Your argument holds as much weight as saying people shouldn't modify their cars because they look stupid.

There are far more irresponsible things on youtube.