Sign in to follow this  
Ray Ray

Walther G22

Was at Caso's yeterday and they had a Walther G22 22lr. I've caught the semi auto 22 bug but since I'm a lefty, the GSG and 10/22 don't really work for me. Like my CX4, the G22 is fully reversable and is actually a bullpup design. I liked the little carbine except it felt heavy in the stock and the rear sight (which was plastic) slides on rails made of plastic and it looks like it would wear down after a while. I was wondering if anyone else has one of these and if they could comment about it.

My son shoots Lefty and while he shoots my K10/22 target quite well, I am thinking of putting on a Boyd's Evolution stock on it. I also have the double charging handle on my Storm Cx4 but have not switched the ejection port since, after all, it is my toy.

its great... rails built in, if you come down, more than welcome to shoot it.

Does the rear sight get loose after sliding up and down continuously? Were do you shoot at? Make sure you reverse it for a southpaw so I can get the feel for it in the correct configuration. ;)

you can buy it, and will ahve it reversed. it is not that easy to get it reversed. as in, not a 5 min job.... more like 30 mins.

the rear sight seems fine, still tight, but I use it with a red dot or a scope, so you dont have to use the rear sight.

I understand being a lefty, but I like rifles built for me and not for my right handed friends. It's nice to see brass going in the right direction and the cocking handle not hit my face (the G22's cocking handle touches my cheek, so it would scratch my face if I left it the way it was).