Sign in to follow this  
Maksim

Any skiers/boarders here?

I'm a snow junkie. :ugeek:

Been boarding for about 12 years and it's one of my passions. I try to get out west every other year or so. Last season I was out in Breckenridge and it was beautiful. Bluebirds everyday, great conditions and 1' of powder on our last day there.

Out here I frequent Hunter Mountain and occasionally make the trek up to Vermont.

I was a collegiate slalom/Giant Slalom in college. I was ranked 17th in the NCSA at my best.

I haven't been on skis in probably 14 years now.

Even though you have two places to ski in your own town. =)

Yeah, I would have been world class had I lived as close as I do now. I was pretty damn good as it was living 75 minutes from the closest molehill. I guess I am just too busy. Maybe I'll start it up again...I still got the ole gear...hopelessly out of date now.

The last time I went out the kid running the lift called me sir. Then I realized he had looked at my equipment and dated my stuff back to the late 80's...

I intended to go skiing this year with my brother and each of our older kids on 1/3 but he passed suddenly on 1/2. I owe my nephew, so definitely this year.

Used to go up to windham mountain every weekend as a kid. In my late teens I became an instructor. I have not been on skis in about 10 years. I have a condo 5 mins from windham mtn and never use it in the winter. :roll: My wife and I go there occasionally in the summer, but most of the time it just sits.

Snowboarder here!

Yes Mountain Creek sucks, but it's all I got nearby. I have been to Vermont a few times, upstate NY once, PA several times, Colorado twice, and Switzerland once.

NJ's short and disappointing winters are another reason why I want to move out of NJ.

Mt. Creek is horrible.

I skied for 15 or so years. I tried boarding out in Vail when I was a teenager. Sold my skis and I have never looked back.

I am always down for a trip to the mountain.

Forum trip?????

When and where to?