Lublin

Who here has their C&R License?

other benefit... if you have C&R, you may not be limited to one a month... but you still need pistol permits.

That's true Maks, but wouldn't be stuff that is at least 50 years old anyways?

And, did they actually figure out how they are going to regulate OGAM?

other benefit... if you have C&R, you may not be limited to one a month... but you still need pistol permits.

Lately, I don't want a firearm unless it's 50 years old. 8-)

romak psl's are under c&R and you can get them new. lol.

romak psl's are under c&R and you can get them new. lol.

Haven't been used in 50 years?

Lately, I don't want a firearm unless it's 50 years old. 8-)

With the way things are going lately in NJ you may be doing yourself a favor.

Wait a minute - I don't get it.

An out of state C&R license holder can't ship a C&R rifle directly to me if I have a C&R license?

What the hell?

I thought you can have any c&r ffl regardless of where they are located in the US ship you c&r firearms right to your door.thats bullshit if you still have to go to your local ffl to do the transfer.does anyone know this for sure?

New to the site, and I apologize for resurrecting this old thread. I tend to lurk more than post, and only post when I feel I truly have something to add. That is the case here. I attended the OGAM public heraings, and aside from testifying, I took away some good info. During Evan Nappen's testimony he stated several times that it is illegal to have a Federal C&R license in NJ. Forgive me, I don't remember the reasoning behind that, but it was a catch 22 of some sort that exposes you to arrest under NJ law. I'm sure that it is covered in his new book, and no, I'm not shilling for Evan. Several members of collectors associations that testified reiterated that position. Usually when a lawyer advises against something I listen. Just thought I'd pass this along.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

believe me evan nappan is 100% correct - any n.j. resident w/ a c+r will be hearing from the njsp firearms unit eventually -

New to the site, and I apologize for resurrecting this old thread. I tend to lurk more than post, and only post when I feel I truly have something to add. That is the case here. I attended the OGAM public heraings, and aside from testifying, I took away some good info. During Evan Nappen's testimony he stated several times that it is illegal to have a Federal C&R license in NJ. Forgive me, I don't remember the reasoning behind that, but it was a catch 22 of some sort that exposes you to arrest under NJ law. I'm sure that it is covered in his new book, and no, I'm not shilling for Evan. Several members of collectors associations that testified reiterated that position. Usually when a lawyer advises against something I listen. Just thought I'd pass this along.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The reasoning was that because C&R is a type of FFL, the ffl holder has to register as a dealer under NJ statutes.

The cliff notes of it is:

If you have a C&R lic. in NJ you are a dealer in NJ's eyes.

If you are a dealer you have to have some BS paperwork from the state police that you pretty much only get as an FFL01 brick and mortar shop.

Since you would be considered a dealer, but not have the required paperwork (That an FFL01 would have) you would be an illegal gun dealer.

Feel free to correct me, but I believe that sums it up.

Its not the ATF its the NJSP that will come a knocking !!!

Send evan nappan a email just google his name his old book had If you live in NJ and have a C&R contact a lawyer or something like that.

Maybe with jerkine out of office we may get lucky and the C&R will be changed.

I wouldn

the ATF doesn't have restrictions with a c&r license, the restrictions come from NJ. with a C&R you can not have firearms shipped to you, not matter when your registered location, you can only drive & pick them up. also a c&r only eliminates you from a nics if its a c&r firearm, not modern arms. I just met with my ATF agent last week and he filled me in on the details.

Yup. I have my C&R and had a lovely visit with the ATF. It really isn't worth it but figured I should get it for the time I move out of Jersey. Then I can use it like the rest of the country.

I thought you needed to get a new C&R for every premise that you want to receive guns at?

Yup. I have my C&R and had a lovely visit with the ATF. It really isn't worth it but figured I should get it for the time I move out of Jersey. Then I can use it like the rest of the country.

I thought you needed to get a new C&R for every premise that you want to receive guns at?

The ATF agent said it is good, just give them notifiaction of the new address and state and they will do the process of the name/state transfer...