Sign in to follow this  
coldsolderjoint

Where can I buy Nipples?

Thanks! It's not a big deal, my new Cabela's Sporterized Hawken Rifle doesn't like to fire until the cap is hit twice. I found a few posts here and there on the internet with a lot of people having the same problem. Some people said once they changed the nipple, it worked fine, and other people said they tried Remington caps instead of CCI.

I was trying CCI #11M Magnum because that's what the guy at Cabelas said to use. I got some regular #11 Remington Caps today at lunch time, I'll try firing off a few caps when I get home to see if it makes any difference.

A guy at work says he uses the hammer to gently push the cap on the nipple to make sure it seats correctly. I will try that as well.

It's a brand new rifle, so anything is possible. I would think something would be binding rather than weak, but I'm going to try the Pushing the Cap on with the hammer and using the different caps tonight.

I only have a boy scout merit badge from about 12 years ago with regard to my muzzle loading training.. lol.. I don't remember having to push it on.. but maybe we did.

Try Dixie Gun Works..They usually have everything to get your problem LICKED. :oops:

they were out of stock.. lol.. i ended up ordering some from Cabela's.. but I also got some extras from deer creek, and I finally went to "the holy grail" of muzzleloading.. dixon's in Krumsville, PA..

Lol..

I swear these cheap muzzleloaders eat up all your cash in accessories faster than real guns.