matt6669

Opinion on Gander Mtn Surplus Rifles

So I just got a flyer from Gander Mtn and it seems they are now carrying 91/30 Russian Rifles and Model 1895 Chilean 7mm Mauser do we think these are the real deal or are they replicas. the 7mm is 249.95 and the 91/30 is 129.95.

Also they are now selling Bushmaster A2M4 .223 for 1099.99 not a bad price off the top of my head but I could be wrong.

They also have used P-64 Makarov Semi's for 249 and Used Nagant M1895 revolvers for 149. I wouldn't mind picking up one of those revolvers they look cool.

So I just got a flyer from Gander Mtn and it seems they are now carrying 91/30 Russian Rifles and Model 1895 Chilean 7mm Mauser do we think these are the real deal or are they replicas. the 7mm is 249.95 and the 91/30 is 129.95.

Also they are now selling Bushmaster A2M4 .223 for 1099.99 not a bad price off the top of my head but I could be wrong.

They also have used P-64 Makarov Semi's for 249 and Used Nagant M1895 revolvers for 149. I wouldn't mind picking up one of those revolvers they look cool.

I think AIM has those revolvers for 89 bucks just FYI

the 91/30 sounded high to me since thats the only one I've actually looked up before. But I curious what the condition is going to be. I mean you can get a 91/30 from Sarco's for under 100 bucks, but your going to spend your weekend cleaning it up before you really know what you have. I might have to take a ride to the Gander Mtn in middletown to see if they have any and what the condition is.

Any north guys going to be bored on saturday and wanna take a ride????

the 91/30 sounded high to me since thats the only one I've actually looked up before. But I curious what the condition is going to be. I mean you can get a 91/30 from Sarco's for under 100 bucks, but your going to spend your weekend cleaning it up before you really know what you have. I might have to take a ride to the Gander Mtn in middletown to see if they have any and what the condition is.

Any north guys going to be bored on saturday and wanna take a ride????

How far is that from you?

The beauty of buying Mosins and other old milsurp rifles from a larger retailer is that they usually don't know when they're selling a high value rare one.

:)

wanna take a ride and make our pockets empty richie?

BTW are you coming on sunday or did you have something to do, I can't remember, my brain is fried

wanna take a ride and make our pockets empty richie?

BTW are you coming on sunday or did you have something to do, I can't remember, my brain is fried

I'll go there eventually. I have to play a show in NYC tomorrow night and I'm preparing for a triathlon I have Sunday. After that I'll have a lot more free time.

you can get a 91/30 from Sarco's for under 100 bucks, but your going to spend your weekend cleaning it up before you really know what you have.

Matt, this is the case for practically any surplus rifle. They charge $20 just for the added Cosmoline ;)

In my experience, the prices at Gander Mtn are high - and they made Cheaper Than Dirt look cheap at the height of the manufactured ammo crisis. Also, what Paul/PK90 said - those prices are at least 20% high, if not higher.

Look at J&G for a quickie comparison for instance.

Also, I've heard that the Polish Makarov triggers are horrendous. Supposedly will make your Kahr look like butter...

Well today Mark and I went on our adventure trip and what a bust. We went to Dick's and my coupon got denied I'm so mad so I now know that I can only use that coupon in Jersey!!

Then we went to Gander, they had two of the 1895 7mm and they were definitely over priced for the condition that they were in so we skipped on that.

Then we went to wal mart, and Mark got some winchester 9mm luger 100shot for 21 bucks and I picked up a 333 .22lr for 9.97 so that was an ok deal.

Then we stopped at one of our local places and checked out their milsurps. They are going to have those babies on the shelf for a whileeeee at those prices. They had a Mosin in some pretty crappy condition for 175 I laughed, looked at Mark and said, think they'll take a 100 bucks off HAHAH

Then we went to CR and blew some stuff up so it turned out to be a productive day.

Then we went to CR and blew some stuff up so it turned out to be a productive day.

Till my shotgun broke. :x

You take it apart Mark???

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD the Rem 700 will be there tomorrow. I got fed up waiting almost 4 weeks for my stuff from shop optics bought locally paid 10 dollars more but I actually have the product

Can't wait to see how bad my mounting job is LOL

I gooped it up with some breakfree and it's working fine now. I just need to really pull it apart and clean it good. Gunk + hot + humidity...

HAHAHA I did notice that thing was FILTHY! Boy I gotta teach you how to clean a gun.

I gooped it up with some breakfree and it's working fine now. I just need to really pull it apart and clean it good. Gunk + hot + humidity...

HAHAHA I did notice that thing was FILTHY! Boy I gotta teach you how to clean a gun.

You don't understand. My goal was to have a knockaround gun that I didn't need to clean.

I did clean it once before....it's had 250 rounds since then.

cleaning a gun is part of owning a gun. Plus its a shotgun, its beyond easy to disassemble and reassemble. 30 minutes tops and I'm done. I usually clean my gun after every use but I won't clean mine until tomorrow night, we didn't shoot enough today

cleaning a gun is part of owning a gun. Plus its a shotgun, its beyond easy to disassemble and reassemble. 30 minutes tops and I'm done. I usually clean my gun after every use but I won't clean mine until tomorrow night, we didn't shoot enough today

You drop the trigger assm and the whole shebang?

You drop the trigger assm and the whole shebang?

The whole kit and caboodle. the first time I did it, it took me 2 hours to figure out how the damn thing went back together. Now every time I get faster. I'm kinda stuck at like 30 minutes now as I'm anal and go really slow with the barrel not wanting the rod to touch the barrel. On the 870, its literally, unscrew the barrel end thing, take off the barrel, pop the two push pins, that slides out the trigger assembly. And then you can pretty much clean everything without going farther. If you really want to be anal you can take the pump assembly off and clean all those little parts. I'll do that again in a couple months, I plan to do it every 6 months. Clean it all up, put it together, do a couple of cycles as a double check, and in to the bag it goes.

Now my .22 on the other hand without a boresnake is an easy hour :(

Which 22? The 10/22??

Uh huhhhhhhhhhh, I don't know if they changed it on the newer style ones, but on the old style, where the barrel is attached to the receiver, the receiver is actually a blocked off square. So unless you have a boresnake, you have to carefully feed the rod up the barrel, and then get my big fat fingers inside that receiver to spin the brush on, then pull the brush through the barrel and repeat until its clean. I HATE it. I will be buying a boresnake in the near future.

Which 22? The 10/22??

Uh huhhhhhhhhhh, I don't know if they changed it on the newer style ones, but on the old style, where the barrel is attached to the receiver, the receiver is actually a blocked off square. So unless you have a boresnake, you have to carefully feed the rod up the barrel, and then get my big fat fingers inside that receiver to spin the brush on, then pull the brush through the barrel and repeat until its clean. I HATE it. I will be buying a boresnake in the near future.

You've got to show me later today what you mean.

theres a military vehicle show this week end up rt80 and a gun show by Phili

You guys might want to hit the gun show

http://www.valleyforgegunshow.com/

http://redballonline.org/Redball_Home.htm

wangsly If your not working I'm going to the military show its also a swap meet

and welcome to the site :D