Sign in to follow this  
Maksim

So how many deer did you hit/almost hit... with your car.

Anastasia just called me crying on the phone. On the way back from her class in princeton, up by flemington, going around a curve, 2 deer popped out. tapped them as her car was stopping. luckily no damage to the car, no clue on the deer as by the time she came to, they werent there.

I had over the past few years a few close calls.

going around turns, deer popping out, missing them by a foot or less. and most exciting one... in princeton, during 5pm rush, a deer ran across 6 lanes of traffic going 50mphs in either direction. It just jumped over my hood. Talk about an oh shit experience.

I smacked a 10 pointer with my 90 GMC Jimmy about 8 years ago in dense fog up here in Highland Lakes. He didn't make it, but the truck just ended up with the steel bumper pushed in a little on the driver side and the left front fender buckled almost to the point you couldn't see it. It caused that fender to rust like the dickens within a year though.

Back in Ohio, I was driving my 94 Ford Tempo(Hey, I was broke then) and I had just rolled up the window...out of my eye here comes a deer....his head hits the driver window and in this slow mo like sequence similar to something from Shrek, its nose hits, the head turns and this giant deer tongue through open mouth licks the window front to back with it's eyeball pressed up against the glass.

Hair was also left around the lock and handle. It dented in the quarter panel a little but otherwise you really couldn't tell.

Randolph Rd

:lol: Just looked it up! It was pissing me off. We used to hang in those woods across the street.

In randolph NJ? my cousin use to live their.

use to live in warren grove, my parents still live their, almost smacked one with my chevy luv, would have been head on, big rack could not tell you how many points as i was weaving and dodging..

1992 or 93, on 206 btwn Flanders and Rte 80 about 3am going to work one morning at UnderPaidSlaves, hit a fawn, totaled the fawn, wiped out a set of driving lights and cracked the plastic grille on my Dodge Colt.

About 2 years ago I was picking up a set of used rims for my wife's minivan out in Belvidere area and coming back a black bear jumped out of one farmers field to cross the road into another farmers field - I swerved and missed... Thanked God for that day.

I lived in Manalapan right off the coprner of 537 and 527 right across form that public golf course for 5 years

Behind us was a big farm (they had sold a chunk off to make our development) and a steam in the woods, etc. We would come home and night and see 12-15 deer in the backyard eating fruit that had fallen off the tree. we would come into the driveway, honk and sometimes they would leave other times they wouldn't. they would also wander out in the day time all the time.

Mike from Primavera pizza told me his delivery guy once hit 8 deer in 2 months out on deliverys. OUCH

As for me, I had at LEAST 20 close calls as deer would come from the golf course and start walking around, but nver hit one. My best friend creamed one after leaving my house after a late night AC excursion. he called me at 4AM and was real shaken up. His car was finished after that, but it was a beater anyway.

Anyway, we slel the house, 5 years no hits. I move to Freehold, and the first few days I am in the mood for Peking Pavilion, so I order from there and go to pick it up. Driving home at dusk after grabbing the food, Im coming up over the hill and two monstas with more hair on them than Wolfy's stache came out. I missed one, but butt bumped the other with my GMC Envoy Denali. He got up and kinda scampered away, and I tohught my truck was farged, but the dealer took it back end of lease with no issues