GoNRA

Good Resturants in NJ

Red bank is THE place for good restaurants...very happening.

Ive lived in Red Bank my entire life and I always hear that. Never actually been in there to eat (usually just to go to HobbyMasters). Parking always sucks. But since theres a lot of positive comments about some of the places there, i might try to hit them up.

Oh... and dont forget Gus's Hot Dogs in Red Bank, by the tracks.

CK's Steak house in Rutherford... I am the Chef there, small restaurant, great wine list and good steaks,

PM me if you are going to come, I will come out and greet you and take care of you.

Thai, DEFINITLY Bangcock Garden!!! Awesome

La Cibeles is closed in Lyndhurst.

CK's Steak house in Rutherford... I am the Chef there, small restaurant, great wine list and good steaks,

PM me if you are going to come, I will come out and greet you and take care of you.

I have never been there, I heard very good reviews about your filet mignon. I thought that was located in Lyndhurst.

Iberia

Newark

best portuguse food in Newark!

Definitely not best Portuguese food in Newark. But, very good. I go to Iberia Peninsula at least once a year to enjoy every single thing they have to offer. Various appetizers, open bar, seafood platter, full Rodizio, desert, you name it. Never a complaint about any of the food.

Try La Campa near Doremus Ave. and the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission for some good Portuguese/Brazilian food. Sometimes the meat is slightly dry but the food is amazing overall. There are also some little hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Elizabeth. I could look a couple up if requested, I forget the names but just know how to get there when in the area.

For Newark, The Newark Club is freaking amazing food. Top floor of 1 Newark Center. Unfortunately, it's for meetings and parties only. I wish I could just stop by there to get something to eat.

There is this "Spanish" place just north of North Bergen that has some pretty damn good food and Sangria. It's on Bergen Blvd and called Don Quixote. It's not high-class gourmet food, but it's pretty good. Try the dish that has Chouricco and every other darn thing in it. I wouldn't go there for dinner (not quite that good), but if you are meeting a bunch of your Korean friends from the area it's an outstanding lunch and Sangria.

address please?

I gotta throw this out there. Having live here three years, the general quality of restaurant food in PA is not very good.

I haven't been to many serious restaurants in PA in the past few years since I moved. But, overall, the quality of food seems lower at the low cost places. In NJ, if you get a bad pizza you burn the place down and piss on the ashes. In PA, you got about a 1/7 chance of finding a place that can make a decent pizza. Phila excluded, of course. There are fewer diners in PA and most of my friends seem to think the one nearest them has the best food in town. The food is NJ diner food minus one point at best. It's OK, but friends rave about it and drag me there over and over.

On the other hand, the people I know in PA make FAR better party food than my average friends in NJ. There's always three kinds of chili, 3 kinds of barbecue, at least two kinds of baked beans, corn, biscuits, 3 kinds of potato and ham dishes, cakes, cupcakes, burgers, squirrel (you heard that right), venison, venison various sausages, sausage, veggies, pork roll, it's just endless. I've had somewhat better food at exclusive parties in NJ but for a general purposes bash the food is amazing. Also, not just friends, but I can find at least two dozen parties every summer thrown by boroughs, townships, and businesses with 5 miles of my house during spring and summer. Free food and free beer. And bikes are big, lots of bikers. You can seriously just stop on your way into town and get a full barbecue lunch and beer every day of the weekend, for free.

So I find it bizarre that all the local restaurants have mediocre food for sale.

Iberia

Newark

best portuguse food in Newark!

There is this "Spanish" place just north of North Bergen that has some pretty damn good food and Sangria. It's on Bergen Blvd and called Don Quixote. It's not high-class gourmet food, but it's pretty good. Try the dish that has Chouricco and every other darn thing in it. I wouldn't go there for dinner (not quite that good), but if you are meeting a bunch of your Korean friends from the area it's an outstanding lunch and Sangria.

Don Quixote is locate in Fairview, like you say is much better for lunch, if you go, don

Any tech savy guys or gals want to find a way to put this in a spreadsheet or something?

I would say NJ has the highest concentration and greatest number of good restaurants in the world per square mile. It's a serious national treasure. NYC and Phila have some fantastic places. But you can pay less and get better and more variety in NJ.

Has anybody spent time in Chatham/Madison? Some of those places are pretty good. Scalini Fideli is a place we used to go to. The food is very good, but there's something about it we just got tired of. It wasn't that good. The Chef has a more traditional Italian style restaurant a couple miles up the road. We've been going there a lot for parties and such.

Today I was at Empanada in Clifton on Market street. Good lunch. I had a Cuban sandwich (not the best but good) and rice and beans.

I won't eat an Empanada, though, LOL. Had far too many in a protracted period of time when I was young. I will never eat one again.

At at Ming's in Edison off of Oaktree Rd. today for lunch. The place has very high quality "fusion" Thai/Indian food. It's about $16 per person for lunch and that includes the entree, rice and soup.

Their hot and sour soup is AMAZING.