GoNRA

Good Resturants in NJ

In philly, I prefer DAllessandros out in Roxborough, Tony Lukes on Delaware Ave or a place in Reading Terminal Market. Not a Genos or Pats fan.

The blue Cheese steak is a cheesesteak made with gorganzola cheese and fried onions. It is really good, very rich though. Sometimes when I bite into one of these bad boys I can actually feel my heart skip a beat in protest.

Fresco Steak and Seafood Grill in Milltown. Just had dinner there, very good. If you like fish, they had a very good tilapia stuffed with crab meat and macadamia nut crusted baramundi. I'm not a seafood eater, but both were very good.

Njpilot, Tilapia is a garbage fish! It's the rat of the ocean, eats other fishes poop and hangs around sewage plants. Little fyi for ya, you can only eat farm raised because it's illegal to sell that fish wild. That should give you a hint as to why.

Update, I took the wife to lunch at the Hickory Hog today. It was very good, not Southern House good, but good none the less. :clap: Some old timers here might remember the Southern House on Rt 35 in Point Pleasant, we were very sad when they retired and closed the place. :cry:

Havana Tropical Cafe in The Highlands. Good Cuban food and good Sangria.

Hmm, i've been looking to check this place out in hopes of scoring a good cuban sandwich but it keeps slipping my mind as thier posted lunch hours are limited. Will have to check it out soon!

Update, I took the wife to lunch at the Hickory Hog today. It was very good, not Southern House good, but good none the less. :clap: Some old timers here might remember the Southern House on Rt 35 in Point Pleasant, we were very sad when they retired and closed the place. :cry:

Up here in monmoth county we have a few good ones:

Big Ed's BBQ in matawan: they have entree's or an all you can eat option so it definitely attracts the "Heavy-D's" :lol: but the baby back ribs and brisket are good. The sauce is fantastic and you can find it in local stores. This place moves some serious amounts of ribs and you can smell it a mile away since the kitchen runs at %110. The place us huge and every time i go there, for some reason i think of the movie Porky's. Sauce is tangy here. Don't fill up on the free garlic bread though, lest you not be able to order plate after place of free ribs. :lol:

Memphis Pig out in Atlantic Highlands. Haven't been here in a while the the food is definitely good. Several different kinds of ribs plus the usual other stuff. Cute cartoon pig decor festoons the smallish interior. Must go back for a refresher soon.

Jacks Rib and Ale in Long Branch. Doesn't look like a rib joint and the bar area is pretty active being close to Monmouth U but the baby back ribs are fallin off the bone good. Sauce is slightly sweeter here.

Havana Tropical Cafe in The Highlands. Good Cuban food and good Sangria.

Hmm, i've been looking to check this place out in hopes of scoring a good cuban sandwich but it keeps slipping my mind as thier posted lunch hours are limited. Will have to check it out soon!

Never did lunch Jon, only dinner. Don't know about their sandwiches.

Big Ed's BBQ in matawan: they have entree's or an all you can eat option so it definitely attracts the "Heavy-D's" :lol: but the baby back ribs and brisket are good. The sauce is fantastic and you can find it in local stores. This place moves some serious amounts of ribs and you can smell it a mile away since the kitchen runs at %110. The place us huge and every time i go there, for some reason i think of the movie Porky's. Sauce is tangy here. Don't fill up on the free garlic bread though, lest you not be able to order plate after place of free ribs. :lol:

Memphis Pig out in Atlantic Highlands. Haven't been here in a while the the food is definitely good. Several different kinds of ribs plus the usual other stuff. Cute cartoon pig decor festoons the smallish interior. Must go back for a refresher soon.

Jacks Rib and Ale in Long Branch. Doesn't look like a rib joint and the bar area is pretty active being close to Monmouth U but the baby back ribs are fallin off the bone good. Sauce is slightly sweeter here.

You've convinced me! Taking the wifey there for lunch today.

You've convinced me! Taking the wifey there for lunch today.

The free garlic bread is one of the best parts!

New Hooters just opened up on Rt 18S in East Brunswick. Lots of Rutgers College students working there :D

I wonder if I could get a job there? You think they would discriminate against me, even though I'm a very tall and handsome man?