Brisco

Hello from Northern Monmouth County

Wow, just found this forum late last night. Great I can get some info from fellow gun lovers here in NJ.

A little background for you. I am a bit of a Noob. A few friends took me to Shore Shot in the beginning of October. Loved it, put in my applications the next week(only one pistol). Joined the NRA, Joined Shore Shot, have been scouring the internet for information about handguns, shooting etc. My permits came back 11/13. On 11/14 I picked up an FHN FNP-40. On 11/21 dropped off applications for 2 more handguns.

Trying to decide on my first rifle or first shotgun.

I'm glad I found you guys :D

Didn't hear about the Brick Armory till last week, Any of you guys shoot at Shore Shot?

Hello and welcome. What do you think of the FNP-40? I've been considering it for my next handgun purchase.

I like the FNP-40, only problem is the loaded chamber indicator didn't work at all at first, seems to be loosening up and working better. About 600 rounds so far, no problems

:text-welcomewave:

I have been to shore shot in the past, but I go (when I have time) to Brick Armory. Actually a group of guys here go usually on Tuesday nights.

Where in monmouth are you from? I'm in manalapan.

Born and raised in Red Bank, bought a house near Keyport in 2002

Welcome to the boards. I've been in Keyport for a little over a year now. Let me know if you ever want to Head to Brick Armory. My buddies and I had a few bad experiences over at SureShot so were pretty loyal to BA nowadays.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened with who over there?

I'm thinking of shooting Friday, Will BA let me bring my own ammo and how much to shoot if I'm not a member?

Brisco, my son are members at Shore Shot and have bought 7 guns there and always got good prices and service. Used to shoot the Monday night Fun Shoot (until my son got a new job in NY). We like the staff over there and get a lot of good advice from them. I did buy my last pistol from BA because Phil could get it in the time frame I needed it. He gave me good price and service. Their new range and store are really nice.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened with who over there?

I'm thinking of shooting Friday, Will BA let me bring my own ammo and how much to shoot if I'm not a member?

When we first got into shooting there is a specific person there that always seemed to talk down or at us. Don't get me wrong a few of the guys there were helpful but one bad seed ruinned it for me. Plus durring the ammo crunch they wanted more then $30 for a box of .45 acp.