Sign in to follow this  
matt6669

Stuff like this makes me want to scream

Sometimes I wonder if what our military does on a day in and day out basis is even freaking worth it. I want to go up to the members of this association and punch each and everyone of them in their mouth, and then politely tell them to GTFO of our Country.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/article/POLEGAT02_20091202-091201/309031/P0/

News flash, nobody really cares about the Vets when they get back. Note the hundreds of thousands of homeless vets, or the lack of care from our own organization that was created for us! (Veterans Affairs.) I'm just starting to realize this...

As for what has happened to this noble man, it is ridiculous. I've had the great honor of meeting a Medal of Honor recipient, who spoke at my unit's Army ball. He's actually the youngest living member of the group, and is actually from NJ (well, NYC, but went to RU, and currently resides in NJ)-- Col. Jack Jacobs. The story of this guy is just amazing, and though he was this absolutely normal looking guy (shorter then me), his sacrifice was really humbling. And maybe to the majority of people, the MOH is just another medal with a lot of flair associated with it... but to those who actually understand or take the time to understand what it means (MIL and civilians alike), its astounding.

Thanks for sharing this, Matt. People need to see the continued indifference that is shown towards noble giants... people need to understand its more then just a freaking car magnet... but that this is about flesh and blood people.

I am not a fan of any Nazi Homeowner Association. I think the concept is Un American and gives Petty little people Power and Control to wield as they see fit.

That being said, if you move into a place that has one you must abide by their rules. You sign a contract stating such when you move in.

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. This hero should have a free pass to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. For him to be in his nineties and still have the dedication and loyalty to this country to raise and lower colors everyday, after he showed it in combat, is a teaching point to what's wrong in this country. NOT AN EYESORE.

I'm 24 years old and I think this is going to be the first time I write a letter to a board. This will probably start a downhill slide with me starting to write congressmen etc. but thats ok. Because what is happening in this Country is getting beyond slightly ridiculous.

I'm 24 years old and I think this is going to be the first time I write a letter to a board. This will probably start a downhill slide with me starting to write congressmen etc. but thats ok. Because what is happening in this Country is getting beyond slightly ridiculous.

Apathy and letting others make decisions for us is how we got to this place in our society. Hopefully more 20 somethings will realize this and not lay down to be rolled over. When there is a rule that does not allow the propper display of Old Glory the freedoms she stands for are gone.

Maybe eventually people will stop joining these Associations and these Napoleanic Dictators will lose their powers.

The problem is, the 20 something kids I go to school with have not a clue about war or anything related with war. They just view it as something that is going on that they don't need to concern themselves with.

Back in the day when they had the draft there of course were people who ran away to Canada etc so that they couldn't be drafted etc. I could put money on a very large percentage of the people I go to school with would either A. run away to Canada etc or B find some way to avoid going etc. It's quite pathetic!!

The problem is that many of these developments, either a gated community or the thousand of age restricted communities, could only get the permits and variances if they formed a association or corporation to watch over the rules set by the original people forming the association. They oversee the maintenance and upkeep of the "common ground" as well as all of the amenities that most of these communities have, such as pools, tennis courts, meeting rooms and parking lots. They also make sure that the overall "look and feel" of the community are maintained. If this is a townhouse or condo development, they regulate (and usually own) the exterior of all the units. Some are so ridiculous that they forbid even putting up a string of Christmas lights on your porch. However, over the years many of these associations have added addendum to their rules and I think that is what is needed in this situation.

I live a community with a HOA but they are not ego maniacal asshats! The next community over is. Kinda the luck of the draw.

I don't think its labeled as "winner" because technically the individual is not "winning" the MOH. The MOH, like all other military awards, goes through the process of a superior writing up a commendation for a troop, which then has to be authorized (who's authorization is required is dependent on the award).

So, whenever any troop in any branch of service is recognized for distinguished service for any award, they are recipients. If somebody wins the lotto or office pool, they're winners.

I don't think its labeled as "winner" because technically the individual is not "winning" the MOH. The MOH, like all other military awards, goes through the process of a superior writing up a commendation for a troop, which then has to be authorized (who's authorization is required is dependent on the award).

So, whenever any troop in any branch of service is recognized for distinguished service for any award, they are recipients. If somebody wins the lotto or office pool, they're winners.

Exactly. Being awarded the Medal of Honor is not a contest. Nobody consciously wants to do what it takes to be considered for such an award. These recipients are great men who did their jobs with dedication to those around them.