Wolfy

Zero ammo

Zero makes only lead? Right? I buy jacketed bullets from Montana Gold and their shipping is free as well. Only thing minimum order is 1000. Real price break on the 9mm FMJ's I buy start at 4000. If anybody needs 115gr FMJ's I'm willing to trad some for other stuff. Primers or powder.

old school I don't want to order 4,000 to get a price break. I need smaller quantities so I can try different bullets and find what I like. This is my first bullet order ever.

They let you order in whatever quantity you want and calculate off the cost per thousand. You can mix and match any quantity to total a thousand for free shipping.

Montana Gold, I shoot 115gr FMJ 4000 for $290 free shipping. But, I certainly will look at Zero for soft points since hollow points are a defense NO, NO in NJ.

500 soft points should last a long time.

We can buy HP ammo in NJ, so why do you say HP are a no, no in NJ?

btw. I may be interested in trade for the 9mm FMJ bullets (maybe 1K or 2K)

I can trade ammo: .30-06 (Remington - only 2 boxes), Wolf 7.62x39, or 223

PM me if interested.

Montana Gold, I shoot 115gr FMJ 4000 for $290 free shipping. But, I certainly will look at Zero for soft points since hollow points are a defense NO, NO in NJ.

500 soft points should last a long time.

We can buy HP ammo in NJ, so why do you say HP are a no, no in NJ?

btw. I may be interested in trade for the 9mm FMJ bullets (maybe 1K or 2K)

I can trade ammo: .30-06 (Remington - only 2 boxes), Wolf 7.62x39, or 223

PM me if interested.

You are absolutely correct we can buy all the HP ammo you want in NJ.

Just don't use them for defense. At one point I couldn't get Zero FMJ's so Target Barn called and asked if I wanted HP's. I called the ANJRPC lawyer and he said they're fine to use for target(I needed ammo for a match) but don't use them for defense. Go figure!!! So I'll load hot soft points for defense.

NJ suks, it is what it is!!

Just don't use them for defense

That is totally incorrect. Read the state statute.

OK what does the statute say? This is my lawyers opinion. Prove it wrong.

Do you know even LEO's carrying under HR218 and not on official business can't carry hollow points in NJ.

Just covered this at Gun for Hire as well.

Show me! I don't want to start a P!$$ing contest but you're wrong.

Just don't use them for defense

There is nothing they prohibits the use of hp ammo in a defensive situation. As you didn't state you are qualified to carry a handgun outside of the home the defensive situation would have to be one in the home or place of business, both an allowable use of HP ammo.

You are correct that HP ammo cannot be used in a carry situation outside of a sworn law enforcement officer. But that wasn't the original post.

but don't use them for defense.

A blanket statement such as that is both innaccurate and confusing.

The legal consensus I recieved was don't keep them in your home defense gun.

Look at the last paragraph of the link. The state wants them very restricted.

I think the bottom line is NJ not having a "Castle Doctrine" is that if there is a defensive shoot inside the home you most likely will be prosecuted and will have to beat it. If you use a hollow point you may be charged with excessive force being that it is a very regulated item.

I know it sounds crazy. But NJ law is crazy. You realize if you are confronted by an intruder threatening to do you bodily harm, in NJ your first obligation is to flee before returning deadly force.

Sorry to have started a mess here but these are the realities and understanding them might have people realize what a messed up state this is.

The legal consensus I received was don't keep them in your home defense gun.

Then i would certainly question the competence of that legal opinion. The state statute is clear in this area. The Castle Doctrine has absolutely nothing to do with the type of defensive tools used during the incident.

Let me muddy the waters further. I am in complete agreement with rscalzo, but the statute goes further than that. As I attempted to point out here previously, and was ridiculed, the statute can apply to any bullet designed to expand, not just hollowpoints. Look-up the contemporary definition of dum-dum. But they are legal in your home, to hunt with, to buy, at the range and transport between those points. They are an "add-on" charge. Caught carrying without a permit - that's one charge and then an additional charge for each bullet in the gun. You received some bad advice, but I do agree with you,Old School, in that most NJ firearms law is vague - probably by intent.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Let me muddy the waters further. I am in complete agreement with rscalzo, but the statute goes further than that. As I attempted to point out here previously, and was ridiculed, the statute can apply to any bullet designed to expand, not just hollowpoints. Look-up the contemporary definition of dum-dum. But they are legal in your home, to hunt with, to buy, at the range and transport between those points. They are an "add-on" charge. Caught carrying without a permit - that's one charge and then an additional charge for each bullet in the gun. You received some bad advice, but I do agree with you,Old School, in that most NJ firearms law is vague - probably by intent.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob, nobody should be ridiculed. The ridiculers should be flogged. Notice I said flogged no gun violence here.

I trust my legal council and will continue my practices just as a measure of safety from "The Other" threat. Thirteen ball rounds are a deterent.

Just remember it's not the arrow it's the Indian.

And Bob, you are very polite and well writen. Thank you

The legal consensus I recieved was don't keep them in your home defense gun.

Look at the last paragraph of the link. The state wants them very restricted.

I think the bottom line is NJ not having a "Castle Doctrine" - wrong, NJ does have a Castle Doctrine. May not be as good as other states, but we do have one. - is that if there is a defensive shoot inside the home you most likely will be prosecuted and will have to beat it. If you use a hollow point you may be charged with excessive force being that it is a very regulated item.

I know it sounds crazy. But NJ law is crazy. You realize if you are confronted by an intruder threatening to do you bodily harm, in NJ your first obligation is to flee before returning deadly force. Again, wrong. You are not required to retreat if in your home.

Sorry to have started a mess here but these are the realities and understanding them might have people realize what a messed up state this is.

OK I'm done. A ciascuno il suo

For anyone who doesn't know what this means...allow me to translate since I am so worldly and speak so many different languages.

It means "To each his own"

DISCLAIMER: I only speak english and had to google it to find out what it meant.

Oh, and the second most common thread jack has to be Matt.