deanzam

New "One Gun a Month" Law question

I don't believe anything will chancge regarding the number of permits applied for at one time - they are good for 90 days and can be renewed for another 90, so there is ample time to use multiple permits while complying with OGAM.

That being said, remember your permits are issued by your local PD (or the NJSP) and each entity may interpret the law based on their own twisted slant on enforcement.

I have heard rumors that there may be change in the FPID and the process for obtaing one. These are ONLY rumors, but in the face of OGAM they make sense. More like a credit card with a magnetic strip, which would make OGAM accountability easier. But then again, this IS New Jersey, where laws are interpreted to mean whatever the municipality wants it to mean, and if changing a system means a revenue stream gets diverted....well, you know.

If the FPID system gets changed, there is talk of a fixed period of time that it will be good with a fee being charged for renewal. What a state.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks for your help. But that is what I am talking about. It is a bit ambiguous. I know some PD's will interpret in their own way. Which is what is annoying me. It's hard enough to play ball with the people who hand out the permits. I guess the only true way is to wait and try to apply next year. What fun. :?

Not that it helps much with your question, but I was down at my local PD today (politely inquiring about the status of a couple of pistol permits) and I asked about the new law. I was told they have not received anything from the state yet, so it will be business as usual until they do.

Not that it helps much with your question, but I was down at my local PD today (politely inquiring about the status of a couple of pistol permits) and I asked about the new law. I was told they have not received anything from the state yet, so it will be business as usual until they do.

That's what I've heard from my department. IIRC, nothing has been issued from the NJAG yet.

Was just at my local PD this morning asking about the new law. They know nothing at all, but the woman said they are sending representatives today to go to a meeting to discuss the law with other police departments and such.

Was this law passed yet or what, I thought it was gonna be for inner cities

Jersey City tried to pass their own ordinance a long time ago. It was challenged in court, and the city lost. The state just passed this law a few months ago. It goes into effect next month.

Was this law passed yet or what, I thought it was gonna be for inner cities

Jersey City tried to pass their own ordinance a long time ago. It was challenged in court, and the city lost. The state just passed this law a few months ago. It goes into effect next month.

Our new AG is Paula Dow from Exxsex County (Democrat) DO NOT expect her to be a friend to us as firearms owners, i know we in the LE community dont already.

My Local PD is very very Gun Friendly, when I went to pick up my permits this week he clearly stated that the law goes into effect on Jan 1st, 2010. It's One Gun a month (every 30 days). Doesn't matter if you buy it in State or out of State or which dealer. They track it via the Pistol Permits that are sent back in to your State Police and Local PD.

My Local PD is very very Gun Friendly, when I went to pick up my permits this week he clearly stated that the law goes into effect on Jan 1st, 2010. It's One Gun a month (every 30 days). Doesn't matter if you buy it in State or out of State or which dealer. They track it via the Pistol Permits that are sent back in to your State Police and Local PD.

Will your department only issue 1 permit per month? or will it be up to the buyer to keep track of that?

Same here. I have a pretty good relationship with the city clerk, Sergent and Chief who all know me with my permit processes. I have to meet with the Chief for a small interview every time I apply for a permit.

Sergeant said he has heard nothing yet of the One Gun a Month law but they are awaiting the SOP to be sent and posted.

Hello everyone, not to beat a dead horse but is it one gun every 30 days or one gun for each month of the year? I live in South Jersey, West Deptford, Gloucester County. I just picked up 3 permits from my Police Department and have 2 hand guns on layaway. My FFL dealer is a great guy and would hold the hand guns for as long as I ask. I plan on paying off one hand gun and a rifle this week. Should I wait 30 days from when I do the transfer before paying off the second hand gun or can I get it any time in February?

:deadhorse:

Hello everyone, not to beat a dead horse but is it one gun every 30 days or one gun for each month of the year? I live in South Jersey, West Deptford, Gloucester County. I just picked up 3 permits from my Police Department and have 2 hand guns on layaway. My FFL dealer is a great guy and would hold the hand guns for as long as I ask. I plan on paying off one hand gun and a rifle this week. Should I wait 30 days from when I do the transfer before paying off the second hand gun or can I get it any time in February?

:deadhorse:

"i. Restriction on number of firearms person may purchase. Only one handgun shall be purchased or delivered on each permit and no more than one handgun shall be purchased within any 30-day period, but this limitation shall not apply to:"

It is 30 calendar days.