Pizza Bob

OK....I'm a Wimp

I had every good intention of going to the Valley Forge Gun Show - even stated such intentions on this board, inviting those of similar lunacy along for the ride. Kept hearing the weather forecasters hypeing the big storm - a French Toast storm if ever there was one (what else is everyone going to make with the milk, bread and eggs the supermarkets always sell out of first?). Figured I'd get up early. Leave by 8 AM - before the snow starts to fly. Be there when the doors open at 9 AM. Hour and a half, two hours max, spent walking the floor and homeward bound before the storm gets serious.

OK, wake-up at 6:30 AM. Turn on the rear lights and look out into the yard - no snow, methinks smugly. Plan on jumping in the shower about 7:15 AM - still on track. Get into the bathroom, glance out the window - Hey! How'd everything turn white in 45 minutes?

Since it has been so cold the last couple of days, the ground has retained no heat. That means everything that falls from the sky accumulates on the ground. So I did some mental arithmetic: $9 to get in + appx. $6 in tolls + appx. $10 in gas will probably make up the difference in price between ammo I'd buy there and what I can get it for locally. Not worth risking these old bones and relatively new car.

The GF escaped to FL for a couple days R&R before my goyish family arrives for Christmas, so it appears that I am stuck home alone. Kinda wish I hadn't watched my current Netflix last night (Beer League - really pretty funny, but you appreciate it more when you're resident of this gulag - Chad, especially funny for Howard fans, and Artie is soooo skinny).

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Sorry gang, no report on the $500 AR's and the $200 AK's and the cornucopia of ammo and reloading components that VF is - just me at the keyboard for the weekend.

If I hurry, I may be able to make to Starbucks for a latte, before it gets any deeper. Keep in touch.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Haha, poetic, I like it.

I woke up at 7, super excited to see the area blanketed by snow... and it looked like it was misting at best. Disappointed, I went back to sleep only to be woken up to a call an hour later. I took a look outside, and, with authority, about an inch had accumulated. Reminds me of the snow storms in Denver... not really...

Here are some photos of a storm in the Denver area back in '06... it was nothing unusual, just some whiteout conditions for a couple hours.

Beginning of the storm. After maybe an hour or two.

My friend and I decided to go for a drive to get something to eat I believe. This is what a "whiteout" looks like since it never really happens in NJ.

This one is taken during a smoke break during the evening. Since it was military housing, obviously couldn't smoke in doors... or have a decent covered patio. Taken in the back of the barracks.

Here's two aftermath photos. It was about 3-5 ft. The snow dunes got up to 8 ft. It would snow so much, and the AF always had construction stuff laying around, guys would make their own slopes to snowboard, ski and sled down right in the parking lot or front lawn of the barracks.

Oh, +1 for the gulag comment, Pizza Bob.

We just got a dusting so far in EB, but is real windy and starting to come down more now.

My stepson is over and invited my buddies kid to stay over the night with him to play Xbox and watch movies and stuff.

They are Rocking COD MW now and we went and stocked up on food this am, so let it snow (and I hate snow).

Sounds like what my wife said on our wedding night, " I was expecting 6-8 inches, but we only got 3-4!"

Anyway, it's almost 4pm and bearly a dusting in Bayonne, what a bunch of BS!