Sign in to follow this  
jermz1987

Ruger BlackHawk?

I wouldn't mind the single action. There is just something about it. I am a sucker for the classic look. I like the Redhawk too but I have never fired a 44 magnum before. I am sure it has one hell of a kick and is expensive to shoot.

I wouldn't mind the single action. There is just something about it. I am a sucker for the classic look. I like the Redhawk too but I have never fired a 44 magnum before. I am sure it has one hell of a kick and is expensive to shoot.

Ruger makes the best single action revolver today. Well, at least their the most popular anyway.

The recoil on a 44 magnum is rough but the weight of the gun and the barrel length soak up some it. Don't forget you could shoot 44 specials in it, too. But ammo is still a little pricey.

If you want to shoot a 44 meet me at the range one night and I will bring one for you. Not that bad of a kick.

Ray Ray ammo is cheap if you reload.

Not really. If you reload then you shoot more. If you shoot more then you have to reload more. Which means more powder, primers, bullets, caps, and whatever else you weirdo's need! Since I don't reload, I don't shoot as much. Hence, I don't spend as much! It's all logic. Elementry my dear Watson, Elementry.

Ruger makes the best single action revolver today. Well, at least their (they're) the most popular anyway.

The recoil on a 44 magnum is rough but the weight of the gun and the barrel length soak up some it. Don't forget you could shoot 44 specials in it, too. But ammo is still a little pricey.

Where's Dan???? :lol::lol: Sorry Ray, couldn't resist.

Ray Ray ammo is cheap if you reload.

Not really. If you reload then you shoot more. If you shoot more then you have to reload more. Which means more powder, primers, bullets, caps, and whatever else you weirdo's need! Since I don't reload, I don't shoot as much. Hence, I don't spend as much! It's all logic. Elementry my dear Watson, Elementry.

Yes but if you don't shoot much, then you don't practice much. This means your shot is going to SUCK and people that reload aka they shoot more, have more practice therefore will probably shoot better. And I don't know about you, but if there comes a time that I need to use my gun for something other than target practice, I want everything to feel natural and practiced, I'll have enough to worry at that moment that I don't want to have to worry about figuring everything out.

But to each their own my chucklehead ray ray

plus reloading is just plain ole fun too!

Ruger makes the best single action revolver today. Well, at least their (they're) the most popular anyway.

Where's Dan???? :lol::lol: Sorry Ray, couldn't resist.

Keeping everything on topic with NJ Guns and Food - I was making lunch. Thin sliced chicken breast, egg battered and italian bread crumbed, lightly fried with cornbread stuffing and corn. YUM.

I had a brand new one given to me a few years back. I really don't use it much but it's a fun gun at times. Accurate and I don't have to chase brass. Usually they can be found at a decent price.

They are on sale up here for $385. Decent price for a quality handgun.