Sign in to follow this  
kenw

I didn't know this...

As soon as I can get the $$$ together, Ill be the proud owner of a 100% New Jersey Legal and ATF approved live semi auto Maxim...looks just like the one in the photo (except that one is missing the feed block)..including the Sokolov wheeled mount.

FP,

Is that for the shop, or your personal collection?

FP,

Thats for my collection. My 1919a4 & 1917a1 are getting lonely......besides ya cant sell something like that in NYC....I also have a SG43 kit that im going to try and have built as soon as they have an ATF approved semi auto design, and a licensed manuf. to build it. (There is actually a semi design out there, but they are working on a different design that is supposed to be more like the original, and a lot less expensive) The SG43 is the gun that replaced the Maxim....It looks similar....Also ahve the wheeled mount for this too.

sg43.jpg

FP,

Thats for my collection. My 1919a4 & 1917a1 are getting lonely......besides ya cant sell something like that in NYC....I also have a SG43 kit that im going to try and have built as soon as they have an ATF approved semi auto design, and a licensed manuf. to build it. The SG43 is the gun that replaced the Maxim....It looks similar....Also ahve the wheeled mount for this too.

sg43.jpg

Nice. I'm sure they're real crowd pleasers at the range.

How could they call the cops? It's Federal Property...Are you sure it wasn't a disgruntled

" guest".

Nope...it was the head of the civilian range and he called the Federal Police....as it is Federal property. Apparently having had the gun there on numerous occaisions , with their knowledge and blessing, as well as having to explain it numerous times to the people that work the range, and showing how it was a semi auto and 100% NJ legal still wasnt enough for them. The gun was just sitting on the tripod, and hadnt even been fired that day...So they called the cops instead of coming over to speak to the range member with the scary gun...A range member who also had been a member for numerous years, but hasnt been back since.

I knew it had to be some sort of Federalies....but I guess whatever is legal can be shot.

Too bad they didn't even want to see if it was a semi or not.

The Federal Police pull up and ask me.." Is that a machine gun"?..I explain that no it isnt...and what features it has and does not have and why its NJ legal...He asks where the selector is.....There is none..its either fire or dont fire and offer to let him try it himself to see its not full auto. He declined. He then checks out my NJ legal AR and AK, again asking about the legality..and if Im a dealer and wether the gun is a dealer sample. Again, I explain that im not a dealer and that its civilian legal in NJ...I mean what sort of moron would bring a machine gun to a public range.....It went on for a while, with him taking down all my info from my FID card...I later spoke to the head of the range and they said they didnt know what it was, ...so they called the Police....

As for shooting it, I havent been out in a while....Maybe the next get together, Ill bring them...

I wonder if they got spooked because of all this Homeland Security crap. Don't forget,

you were on a Military base. Probably just taking precautions. Also, don't forget that just right around the corner was where they caught those a--holes who tried to blow up the base.