Ray Ray

Bi-Weekly meetup at Bullet Hole

hey fellas, when I was getting my FIRST steps pistol class @ the Bullet Hole from Gun For Hire and as I recall, there were a few guys shooting there in the njgunforums t-shirts. (this was before I joined the forum myself) I'm just curious, who was that? Just to put names and faces together. I think there was an AR being shot, maybe something else. I came back to the Bullet Hole after the lesson with a buddy to put some more rounds through my PX4. so anyone recall being @ the Bullet Hole Tuesday August 3rd?

Ray, Tommy, nice to see you guys again.

Chris, George, nice to meet you, and thanks to both of you for showing me around your stuff. George made me a convincing argument for the mag release to be on the right side for a righty. When I get to your level of competence I can think about those performance mods.

And I am not karate kid.

Ray, Tommy, nice to see you guys again.

Chris, George, nice to meet you, and thanks to both of you for showing me around your stuff. George made me a convincing argument for the mag release to be on the right side for a righty. When I get to your level of competence I can think about those performance mods.

And I am not karate kid.

You're welcome karate kid. I hope you enjoyed the 22's. They're great for plinking and can take down a Trogdor in a pinch. I hope they get those permits to you soon!

George made me a convincing argument for the mag release to be on the right side for a righty. When I get to your level of competence I can think about those performance mods.

If I see this correctly you shoot right handed? Why would you want to have the mag release on the right?

Just curious

George made me a convincing argument for the mag release to be on the right side for a righty. When I get to your level of competence I can think about those performance mods.

If I see this correctly you shoot right handed? Why would you want to have the mag release on the right?

Just curious

Yes, right-handed.

If the button is located so you can press it with your right hand without moving it at all (side of a finger/knuckle), then you can maintain your complete grip on the gun while changing mags. If you were to use the thumb, usually you will need to move the thumb down to reach the button, losing (part of) your grip, and losing the time needed to reattain your precise grip. Granted, getting used to pushing the button with the right will take some time, but if you can pull it off it will speed you up.

Again, this is probably only useful for those who have perfected their grip and could actually gain something from it.