Sign in to follow this  
tony357

911 home invasion call.

Ive had one 911 call where a man broke into a woman's home. I told her to lock herself in the bath room until police arrived. The man stole a few items from the down stairs and fled. She was home alone and absolutely terrified. So much so that she wouldn't leave the bath room. Even with officers outside the door. I had to talk her out. This call is what got me into firearms and home defense. I am glad she is ok.

• Like 1

Ive had one 911 call where a man broke into a woman's home. I told her to lock herself in the bath room until police arrived. The man stole a few items from the down stairs and fled. She was home alone and absolutely terrified. So much so that she wouldn't leave the bath room. Even with officers outside the door. I had to talk her out. This call is what got me into firearms and home defense. I am glad she is ok.

I was talking about this with the wife last night. Do you guys ask if they have a firearm in the house? I only say this because locking yourself in the bathroom is asking for trouble. And if they tell you they have a gun, what do you say?

I was talking about this with the wife last night. Do you guys ask if they have a firearm in the house? I only say this because locking yourself in the bathroom is asking for trouble. And if they tell you they have a gun, what do you say?

locking yourself in a bathroom or other room is only buying some time until police get their which will not buy you much time..

if at all possible if they are close to a neighbor maybe they should go out an opposite door to the neighbors house?

The main bedroom she was in had a bath room with locking door. The way her house was set up she wouldn't have been able to get outside without going down stairs. That and the fact she was scared so much she didn't want to move from the bed, I did ask her if she had a firearm and she said "Of course not" The question seemed like it offended her. If she did have a gun I would have still told her to lock herself in the bathroom and lock it.You try to get them to avoid a confrontation at all costs. These situations can be very hard because there are so many variables to take into account.Some people just get so scared that they freeze up and just sit where there at, Even if its in harms way. Getting them to snap out of it and get to safety can be a challenge.

I did ask her if she had a firearm and she said "Of course not" The question seemed like it offended her.

That reminds me of that Twilight Zone episode that BBK posted where no one had a bomb shelter except one guy and how they all thought he was crazy until the SHTF...

I did ask her if she had a firearm and she said "Of course not" The question seemed like it offended her.

That reminds me of that Twilight Zone episode that BBK posted where no one had a bomb shelter except one guy and how they all thought he was crazy until the SHTF...

LOL yeah thats true.