Sign in to follow this  
Celraysoda

RC Planes?

I have never done planes, built plenty of boats as a kid and adult, did the car thing also with my boys. i built a realy cool 4x4 truck..and also built a nice garvey and deep vee hull from molds. built a plug and made molds off the plug and built the boats out of the molds..i still have them when i get a chance i will post them up..

Motors for the elevators and rudder are called servos.

I looked into it, but you need a dedicated/permitted place to fly them, it's not something you just take to the schoolyard to fly around. Crashes can be quite costly.

Cars/trucks/boats are less expensive and chances are you will have more opportunities to use them.

Wow. 2 PMs already! Not sure of the make or model but will get that on Monday.

I am not considering to sell but possibly trade for anything cool. But if you REALLY want them, I can sell. :D

Apparently there is a place in Teaneck that allows them right next to Overpeck Park bordering Leonia.

Breaking news!: Man with model Air Force One RC plane possible terrorists.

A New Jersey man from Hackensack has been arrested on suspected acts of terrorism. We have video footage of him crashing a model of President Obama's plane into the ground. Police have also siezed illegal hollow point bullets and a large cache of firearms and knives.

Breaking news!: Man with model Air Force One RC plane possible terrorists.

A New Jersey man from Hackensack has been arrested on suspected acts of terrorism. We have video footage of him crashing a model of President Obama's plane into the ground. Police have also siezed illegal hollow point bullets and a large cache of firearms and knives.

:lol::lol: :clap: No knives, though.

Ohhhh boy RC toys holy crap another expensive hobby I got involved in. I still miss it, I still have one in the basement I've been meaning to build but my pride and joy.

42inch deep vee with a worked over zenoah gas motor in it. I would take it out onto my lake and launch it off waves from full size boats. I built it when I was 15 had almost 2 grand into it, that definitely put a smile on my face especially since I built it with my own two hands. Ended up selling it for 1500 bucks to a gentleman in Australia who still drives it to this day.

Tony I'd be VERY interested in seeing your molds etc. I build a foam with fiberglass matt over it and put an electric 700b motor into it. Under full acceleration it would jump out of the water because it was so light.

Bahhh this has got me thinking, I might build the one in the basement, I only need about 100-200 dollars worth of parts hmpf!

Ohhhh boy RC toys holy crap another expensive hobby I got involved in. I still miss it, I still have one in the basement I've been meaning to build but my pride and joy.

42inch deep vee with a worked over zenoah gas motor in it. I would take it out onto my lake and launch it off waves from full size boats. I built it when I was 15 had almost 2 grand into it, that definitely put a smile on my face especially since I built it with my own two hands. Ended up selling it for 1500 bucks to a gentleman in Australia who still drives it to this day.

Tony I'd be VERY interested in seeing your molds etc. I build a foam with fiberglass matt over it and put an electric 700b motor into it. Under full acceleration it would jump out of the water because it was so light.

Bahhh this has got me thinking, I might build the one in the basement, I only need about 100-200 dollars worth of parts hmpf!

^^^Hasn't built a reloading bench yet... Attention span of a gnat with ADHD on Meth.

Wow. 2 PMs already! Not sure of the make or model but will get that on Monday.

I am not considering to sell but possibly trade for anything cool. But if you REALLY want them, I can sell. :D

Apparently there is a place in Teaneck that allows them right next to Overpeck Park bordering Leonia.

You can go to the south side of the Over peck Park (Leonia), they get together on week end, Plains, boats, cars, can remember exactly where, you can ask in the stables.

here is a pic of the deep v rc boat. we made a plug and a mold off the plug to build the boat.

did not feel like digging it out of the closet so i took the pic where it sits..

also did model rockets with the kids, i forgot about that til i saw the box.. :doh:

rcboat.jpg

I fly helicopters and planes, used to be into ground vehicles as well. Lots of fun but they require a decent time and money investment.

Interesting note- when BHO flies into Newark members of the AMA get a notice that they may not fly rc vehicles for a few hours within like 25 nautical miles of Newark or Philly, which is basically most of Nj.

I have a Traxxas Revo 3.3 Nitro Monster Truck (45 mph) and a Nitro Rustler stadium truck (50+ mph)...0-60 in 4.9 seconds.

I don't know where the bodies are...somewhere in the garage. I used them a couple of times then lost interest. lol

Revo001.jpg

This one is filthy I guess I should clean it.

Revo003.jpg