Ray Ray

Ray Ray's Zombie Apocolypse thread

Fried Spam makes for some goooooood eatin! Throw it on a piece of bread with a slice of cheese, and you have all the food groups covered... more or less :D

Get some noodles and some chicken broth and a little oyster sauce (yes, I'm asian) and you've got some good eats there.

Fried Spam makes for some goooooood eatin! Throw it on a piece of bread with a slice of cheese, and you have all the food groups covered... more or less :D

Get some noodles and some chicken broth and a little oyster sauce (yes, I'm asian) and you've got some good eats there.

Ha, had to bring in the oyster sauce, nice (Asian myself ;) ). At the bare minimum, just give me some sriracha, and I'll be good to go.

Spam Musubi!

Spam, seaweed and rice. (Yes, the wife is Islander!)

Another good one is Spam, egg, cheese and ketchup.

They wrap these up in surran wrap and sell'em in 7-11's in Hawaii. Yummy

Spam Musubi!

Isn't Spam the official-unofficial food of Hawaii? :D:p

Spam Musubi!

Isn't Spam the official-unofficial food of Hawaii? :D:p

Yeah, it was givin out to the locals (on alot of the islands all over the Pacific) during WWII and they've adopted it as their own.

That might be popular here if we didn't have Taylor Ham, egg, & cheese sandwiches in NJ!

Saw this is the NY Daily News the other day and thought of all the zombies that might flood out into NJ:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/07/16/2010-07-16_hurricane_to_pummel_nyc__eventually.html

Be ready.

That's the message in a new Weather Channel report that lists the city as the nation's second most vulnerable to a major hurricane.

The Big Apple is a prime target due to factors like population density, amount of property near coastal areas and the length of time since the last major hurricane, according to hurricane expert Dr. Rick Knabb.

New York is due for a direct hit, he said, since there has been relatively little hurricane activity in our area over the last 40 years.

"It's just a matter of time," he said. The last hurricane to pass directly over the city was in 1821. It created storm surges of up to 13 feet and caused the Hudson and East rivers to meet across lower Manhattan. "Even a Category 1 or 2 hurricane would require a major evacuation and could cause a lot of damage," Knabb said.

Dennis Feltgen of the National Weather Service said that the Atlantic seaboard has been in an active hurricane cycle since 1995, which means there is more activity than usual.

While it is impossible to predict exactly when and where a hurricane will make landfall, Feltgen said every New Yorker should have a plan.

The Miami-Ft. Lauderdale metro area was No. 1 on the list.

The went out and the electric company has no idea how long it's going to tyake to get back. I was scrambling to find a way to charge my phone since I have no battery powered alarm clocks. I think now is the time to explain preparedness to my family.

Ok. Kinda off topic and this may have already been discussed in this uber extensive thread (which, I'm sure will be of great record after the Zombie Invasion hits), but I started reading a book called World War Z.

Same author as the Zombie Survival Guide. Its quite good so far..

Holy crap . . . this thread is still going strong? Are we just trying to break a page record?

You can never have to many pages when you are trying to prepare for a Zombie Apocalypse.

i feel that we should start making Dixie cup phones and run line to each of our houses so when all the power is out and the phone lines are cut for security reasons we can still make contact with one another :mrgreen: :lol:

i feel that we should start making Dixie cup phones and run line to each of our houses so when all the power is out and the phone lines are cut for security reasons we can still make contact with one another :mrgreen: :lol:

That is a good idea. Ill buy the paper cups. you guys bring the string.

Very nice; seems like SDCC is being good to everybody this year.

Call me a purists, but wouldn't it be kind of weird for WWZ to be done before ZSG? And even with "Recorded Attacks" getting optioned, I doubt it'll manifest into a movie considering the way its set up (for whoever has read it). Regardless, should be pretty darn fun. Even A-listers like Pitt are jumping on to the zombie bandwagon (albeit Darabont is a pretty big name).

The last 5 or so years have been huge for the zombie genre - especially the books. It was only a matter of time before hollywood caught on. Zombieland in particular did a lot (for better or worse) for the genre to go mainstream. Now if only Romero would stop making movies, we'd be in good shape :lol: