Ray Ray

Ray Ray's Zombie Apocolypse thread

Chris looks like a character out of the game Fallout3.

Tree houses.... not in southern jersey with our pines and sandy soil. They wont last long.

No caves to barricade.

Gonna have to be buildings.

I was thinking of building a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. suit :lol:

I was planning on using a lighthouse as my fortified position. Forget about costco btw. That place is already cleaned out due to the predicted snow storm.

Chris looks like a character out of the game Fallout3.

Tree houses.... not in southern jersey with our pines and sandy soil. They wont last long.

No caves to barricade.

Gonna have to be buildings.

I was thinking of building a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. suit :lol:

I was planning on using a lighthouse as my fortified position. Forget about costco btw. That place is already cleaned out due to the predicted snow storm.

I like that. It worked against triffids, it should work against zombies, goblins and other manner of dangerous creatures. Almost like a castle tower. Very cool.

Rawles, in his latest book, suggests doing three day "PAW" excursions:

Disclaimer: This is not my work, but copyright and intellectual property of James Wesley, Rawles; and can be found in "How to Survive the End of the World as we Know it (TEOTWAWKI)"

The TEOTWAWKI Weekend Experiment

A great way to create truly commonsense preparedness lists is to take a three-day TWOTWAWKI Weekend Experiment with your family. When you come home from work on Friday evening, turn off your main circuit breaker, turn off your gas main (or propane tank), and shut your main water valve (or turn off your well pump). Spend that weekend in primitive conditions. Practice using only your storage food, preparing it on a woodstove (or camping stove).

A TEOTWAWKI Weekend Experiment will surprise you. Things that you take for granted will suddenly become labor intensive. False assumptions will be shattered, but as you regroup and tailor your plan, your family will grow closer and more confident. Some of the most thorough lists that you will ever make will be those written by candlelight.

I think its a decent idea. Doesn't require leaving your local area (though camping is great fun regardless), and if need be, you can flip the modern world back on.

I think I also read on his website another aspect. To train for high stress emergencies, which often time is based on "muscle memory" moreso then SOP, a reader described how everything a certain person's informercial came on (whether they would see it or hear it), his family would immediately spring into action. While I think it would get annoying (plus, I don't watch that much TV), it would be a good way of keeping people on their toes.

It worked against triffids

Had to look that up... kinda creepy.

Rawles, in his latest book, suggests doing three day "PAW" excursions:

Decent book - I don't always like his approach cuz you kind of have to be rich to pull off half the things he's suggests, but there's some good info in the latest book I haven't seen elsewhere.

Pete, you are obviously the zombie king here. I watched the movies, bought guns and ammo for such an event, and i have to own an suv to get outa New jersey. But you are in the zombies brains!

LOL not really - but I used to have a lot of free time commuting to work on the subway when I lived in Queens, so I would to read a lot and I went thru a zombie fiction phase. If you're talking Rawles' book tho - that's not fiction or zombie related. That's like a "how to prepare" type book.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Survive-End-W ... 452295831/

The reason MBZ's are scarier as a concept is because it's a living THINKING "zombie". 10000% more dangerous. I am not sure anyone can really be capital P PREPARED for such a thing. :(

Agreed. I think what's even scarier about MBZs also is that perfectly fine people (or so we assume) can be sucked into that mob... because of desperation or simply nothing else to live for. So, could we really trust our neighbors? Just remember the quote from the show Firefly, "Live with a man forty years. Share his house, his meals

Agreed. I think what's even scarier about MBZs also is that perfectly fine people (or so we assume) can be sucked into that mob... because of desperation or simply nothing else to live for. So, could we really trust our neighbors? Just remember the quote from the show Firefly, "Live with a man forty years. Share his house, his meals

I have the zombie survival guide as a .pdf file... wonder if I can email it to maksim so he can put it on the server so yall can dl it.

copyright infringement. don't do it.

I was just thinking about something. If (when) zombies take over the earth, there is nothing we can do. Our government will blow up entire cities to neutralize the problem.

I was just thinking about something. If (when) zombies take over the earth, there is nothing we can do. Our government will blow up entire cities to neutralize the problem.

By the time they notice it will be too widespread, you can blow up Philly, DC, Neark and NYC and then the only thing left moving will be the zombies in between. I think a lot will depend on the incubation period. Piggybacking off that idea, the best places to survive will be the hardest places to do so, tundras, rock mountains etc. You need a desolate place people wont be drawn to. Water is a great example, we al need it but if you build near a stream, eventually someone will follow that stream. If you build near nice farmland, eventually someone will notice the tasty corn. And remember for every extra mouth you bring into defend the area, its an extra few mouths if he has family.

So as I was trudging through the snow on my way inside I thought of something. Can't zombies follow your footsteps into a building in the winter? Would you have to shovel everyone's walkway so they couldn't follow you? God that would just terrible... Matt you're on the North team. :lol:

Chris, when SHTF, Matt will be in school and he'll have to get over here to my house. I got a 22 revolver he can use since he's recoil shy, but it's one more young gun around. Then we can fit our way to Caine's house!

I can't believe I just sat here and read 34 pages of this Zombie thread. What a great way to kill a morning. :lol

This forum is the best.

Jimmy

:lol: yeah it was an addicting thread, and from the looks of it, it will continue to be an addicting thread..

I can't believe I just sat here and read 34 pages of this Zombie thread. What a great way to kill a morning. :lol

This forum is the best.

Jimmy

:lol: yeah it was an addicting thread, and from the looks of it, it will continue to be an addicting thread..

Not if I lock it guz i haz da powerz!