Ray Ray

Ray Ray's Zombie Apocolypse thread

Invest in a Schwinn [or insert other manufacturer for Schwinn haters ;) ].

I think the general problem with motor vehicles is even if someone had one, how useful could it be? In suburbia or more isolated regions (though both would probably be overrun from the flood of refugees from major cities), maybe a vehicle would be useful in a number of applications (hauling wood, water, etc). But most highways and roads would be absolutely littered with vehicles (depending on when things would go black), making most routes impassable. Also, the moment a (not so friendly) mob sees your vehicle, I wouldn't count on the NJ charm to win out.

I think the general problem with motor vehicles is even if someone had one, how useful could it be? In suburbia or more isolated regions (though both would probably be overrun from the flood of refugees from major cities), maybe a vehicle would be useful in a number of applications (hauling wood, water, etc). But most highways and roads would be absolutely littered with vehicles (depending on when things would go black), making most routes impassable. Also, the moment a (not so friendly) mob sees your vehicle, I wouldn't count on the NJ charm to win out.

I'm not old enough to remember a time before motor vehicles, but didn't horses and mules play a part in transportation of people and goods in the past? Time to brush up on my riding skills. And get a saddle gun.

I need to build a lead garage for my motorcycle and sidecar.

Pics please?

Nice knife, but the quad can't run on grass and hay, and you can't eat it when it breaks down.

yeah, but quads dont get tired! and they don;t have a personality

Pics please?

Ural-sidecar-600.jpg

This would be handy. (Not mine)

I'm not old enough to remember a time before motor vehicles, but didn't horses and mules play a part in transportation of people and goods in the past? Time to brush up on my riding skills. And get a saddle gun.

The added advantage of Horses and other Livestock, is that they produce MORE horses and livestock..something the Motor Vehicles haven't managed yet.

The added advantage of Horses and other Livestock, is that they produce MORE horses and livestock..something the Motor Vehicles haven't managed yet.

excellent point.

The opposing point of course is that few of us could afford 350 horses to generate 350 HP, or even 5 horses to generate 5 HP.

The opposing point of course is that few of us could afford 350 horses to generate 350 HP, or even 5 horses to generate 5 HP.

350hp is tough when there's no fuel.

And what are you going to FUEL those 350 iron horses with if SHTF??? The nation managed perfectly well on Horse power Literal "HORSE" power until well into the teens of the 20th Century. You have to dial back your expectaions.

Aside from needing a good amount of land for a horse (or horses), isn't it kind of pricey to take care of one as well? I would imagine it's not quite like having a couple dogs... great idea, but seems pretty complicated 'cept for those in rural NJ.

There are a number of private ranches in my area-- but they're private. First rule of "Zombieland" (our depiction of course): Respect thy neighbor?

I was actually going to include horses (with my bike reference), except that for the majority of people in NJ, its a great thought-- but not feasible. I was also going to include regarding POVs is the fuel issue. I'm not a car junkie, but I know fuel without the right treatment won't last for as long as we'd hope.

So, bike it is? Good exercise, low maintenance (some WD-40), quiet, and almost everybody knows how to use one.

I thought about rasing chickens but they make too much noise. I figure I could raise rabbits, quieter and i could catch lots of them wild to start off my breeding stock. I plan on farming as much as best as possible and relying on birds/deer and bunnies.

I thought about rasing chickens but they make too much noise. I figure I could raise rabbits, quieter and i could catch lots of them wild to start off my breeding stock. I plan on farming as much as best as possible and relying on birds/deer and bunnies.

Chickens and Ducks also make for a pretty good arly warning system as well.

This is getting ridiculous! Chickens, quads, horses, mountain bikes, motor bikes with the side car, what is this thread becoming?

btw, just watched the remake of Night of the Living Dead. There coming to get you Barbara!

There are a number of private ranches in my area-- but they're private. First rule of "Zombieland" (our depiction of course): Respect thy neighbor?

I was actually going to include horses (with my bike reference), except that for the majority of people in NJ, its a great thought-- but not feasible. I was also going to include regarding POVs is the fuel issue. I'm not a car junkie, but I know fuel without the right treatment won't last for as long as we'd hope.

So, bike it is? Good exercise, low maintenance (some WD-40), quiet, and almost everybody knows how to use one.

I can just see the roving heavily armed bicycle gangs :lol:

This is getting ridiculous! Chickens, quads, horses, mountain bikes, motor bikes with the side car, what is this thread becoming?

btw, just watched the remake of Night of the Living Dead. There coming to get you Barbara!

that movies was excellent, at the end when the zombies are hanging from the trees and the humans are shooting at them she says "we are them and they are us".

mountain bike right? Can't be a 10 speed, to fragile. Can't be a bmx bike, to small.

Hey now don't hate on the BMX bikes! At least I can do some tricks on my bike to umm..confuse the zombies? :x 180 barspin to shotgun blast to the dome..wow that would be zombie kill of the week for sure.