Ray Ray

Ray Ray's Zombie Apocolypse thread

I can do coffee. I can also fly if we have a helo available.

OMG, I didn't even realize, possibly one of the most important things....aerial assaults!!!!! We have a pilot!!!!

Fast roping into a horde of Zombies, amped up on good coffee. Kieth is good to go. Break out the Classical Music.

I suck at Coffee..probably because i dont drink it. Can I be one of the Armorers???

Always need Armorers, what can you fix?

Certed Ar/M-16, and i can muddle my way through most others. We'd need someone who can do machine work though, and Weld, neither of those falls into my skillset..unless someone can teach me to run a mill and lathe..

Certed Ar/M-16, and i can muddle my way through most others.

Speaking of which, and not to go too far off topic, but, how did you like Sully's class? Thinking about taking it if he comes back around for the non-LEO class

Ray Ray (me)

caine

SpecOps2087

NJ609

BCeagle

Shane45

mikeyboyeee

celraysoda

bbk

nickd308

jermz1987

Blcklightning

unloco

maideneddie

djg0770

rauchman

axeman_g

chad

crazyboy

malsua

nitrospaz9

maksim

civictuner04

dave545

XDJohnTact

wsl

kpdpipes

GoNRA

Tbtrout

Matt6669

nonova0074

Certed Ar/M-16, and i can muddle my way through most others.

Speaking of which, and not to go too far off topic, but, how did you like Sully's class? Thinking about taking it if he comes back around for the non-LEO class

REALLY good. One guy in the class had an SLR, which was delivered By Sully. Everyone else had a mix of Govt M-16's, and various departmental and personal AR's Sully made sure that every rifle in that room was running perfectly (as well as he could with no shooting), and that there werent any worn or broken parts, no matter where the rifle came from. He didnt try to push his stuff, with the usual "We do it Best because..." stuff. he DID point out some of the differenced in what They do as opposed to other manufacturers, but he also explained why, he also gives credit where its due to other makers. I've been working on Ar's for 20-odd years, and i still learned a LOT in his class. It's REALLY worth the money. There were a bunch of guys who had attended the Colt Course, and they all agreed that Sully's class was much better, and covered the functioning more thoroughly. When you're done you WILL be able to strip your rifle down to every last pin, detent and spring, then re-assemble it, and function check it. For anyone who plans on doing their own builds the little armorers tricks for doing some of the trickier little bitchy parts are worth it.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks. Hopefully, next time he comes around, there's more than one week's notice :)

Everyone was bitching about the LE/Military only class so Sully tried to add the extra class in while he was still in the area. Guys forget that he Lives in Michigan, and because of all of the stuff he has to lug around he drives to do these classes. The class he was adding would have taken his last 2 off days before he went back to work at his primary job, once you add in the drive time back to Mi.

I was actually quite impressed that he even considered staying on the extra day for the civ class especially after some of the bitching and moaning by some people on arf. Sadly, it didn't work out, but still - he seems like a stand up guy

I've been dying to see it. Missed it when it was out in theaters, and now freakin Netflix is taking forever to get it to me :x Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll get to see it

If you have a blu ray player, I could ship it to you. It was brought up earlier in this thread, but yea, great movie. Now I'm just waiting for The Crazies next week!

Thanks for the offer, Ben, but I'm gonna be stubborn and wait it out since I've kind of sort of already paid for it with my monthly fee :lol:

Crazies also looks good. Looking forward to that one.

I've been told that "The Carriers" is pretty good:

7aiKLALlXG4

Also, "Dead Air":

5FxYEmz7jjc

Haven't seen either yet, but have heard they're decent.

It's a ZOMBIE thread, of course it can't die? :laughing-rolling:

It was just a matter of time before someone jumped on that. Glad I resisted. :)

Disclaimer: This may have been discussed in this thread already but I dont have time to read all 24 pages.

At what point during any sort of disaster situations do you decide to disregard law and leave your house with your loaded gun? I feel like there could be many possible disasters that could occur that could get any individual caught in the mess and a situation arises where they feel they need to lease the safety of their home for whatever reason, but feel that due to said disaster it is too dangerous to leave without a weapon only to find out that things arent as bad as they thought and they end up getting arrested for illegally carrying a concealed weapon... So the question is, in a disaster scenario, what would have to happen for you to feel it was ok and necessary to leave your house with a loaded weapon... again I feel this gray area is huge... thoughts?

Disclaimer: This may have been discussed in this thread already but I dont have time to read all 24 pages.

At what point during any sort of disaster situations do you decide to disregard law and leave your house with your loaded gun? I feel like there could be many possible disasters that could occur that could get any individual caught in the mess and a situation arises where they feel they need to lease the safety of their home for whatever reason, but feel that due to said disaster it is too dangerous to leave without a weapon only to find out that things arent as bad as they thought and they end up getting arrested for illegally carrying a concealed weapon... So the question is, in a disaster scenario, what would have to happen for you to feel it was ok and necessary to leave your house with a loaded weapon... again I feel this gray area is huge... thoughts?

Concealed is concealed...

Your question, from what I can remember, actually has not been asked! It has been asked in ways, but not outright.

It is definitely a gray area. However, I think, no matter how serious the situation is, individuals must always obey the laws of the land. I have said before that without rules, society breaks down into a primal cesspool (albeit most likely a slow process). We started as hunter/gatherers, and without laws, we'll revert back.

Now, I think if the situation is so dire that literally no form of control or laws exist whatsoever, then individuals who were fortunate (or unfortunate?) to be survivors have to do what they can. I could give reasons (and I actually typed some out), but I think its pointless as its a matter of perspective... aka the gray area you already brought up. Max Brooks even says it in ZSG, follow the lands of the law, always.

Conceal it. Keep them hidden, but accessible. You dont want anyone... anyone seeing you walk around armed until the nuclear winter sets in.

Let's say it is post hurricane....Your out cutting down trees, clearing wreckage. You have your M4gery (not a slight just an example) on your shoulder. Some busy body neighbor spots you and next thing you know you've got LEO or NG trying to take what is in your arms? Are you prepared to shoot it out with them... do you want to? The answer is no. Another thought... roving gangs. Your spotted by them with your M4gery on your shoulder. Are you prepared to shoot it out with them because they want your rifle? Do you want to? Probably, but in reality is it the smart thing to do. Will they be wary of you beacuse they know your armed... most likely, but still not worth the advertisement.

Keep them on the downlow, even if it seems as if Hell has come to your township. But always have them ready.

By the way, in La and Miss during Katrina many people I spoke to that had banded together into neighborhood militias if you will, spoke about how the BGs or Zombies were not intimidated by handguns when they were stopped at access points. But were intimidated by the confident, seemingly unarmed guards and the non-pressence of firearms... many wary questions were asked as to where the rifles and or snipers were? Now, these same types of Zombie were totally intimidated by the presence of massed long guns.

I personally am not brandishing until society has officially collapsed. Or zombies are ringing my doorbell, then I am coming out with dual AKs flashing in each hand!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Until society completely breaks down and there are either no police or it is generally accepted leave the gun at home. Prisoners will be the 1st to go from either neglect or abuse from other prisoners, so dont become one. I think hunkering down the 1st week will be a big part of SHTF and if a neighbor leaves make sure you can ask if you can take any food he leaves behind.

Then again if anyone ask you are heading to the range.